• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

<snip> which should go well with the copy of 33 I bought last night -

That one came in this week from Chuck -

1848022-Fight33.jpg

and this one from Greggy. I always have liked the guy on the zebra and the colors on this cover -

1848022-JungleComics108.jpg

1848022-JungleComics108.jpg.8d4db932c61978e6104e5b40f003310a.jpg

Thanks, guys. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it. The color is better than my scan and it has nice off-white/white pages. The dealer that I got this one from also had a Golden Age Capt. Marvel #51 with a TRIPLE cover!!! I think it was a 7.5, 8.5 and 9.0. It was a very pretty book and I was tempted, but I really like this book and glad I was able to pick it up.

— Rick

Thanks, guys. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it. The color is better than my scan and it has nice off-white/white pages. The dealer that I got this one from also had a Golden Age Capt. Marvel #51 with a TRIPLE cover!!! I think it was a 7.5, 8.5 and 9.0. It was a very pretty book and I was tempted, but I really like this book and glad I was able to pick it up.

— Rick

Triple? Wow, I've seen that issue with a couple of doubles before, but not triple.

Just won this one off Heritage. I have wanted it for a while since I like the cover plus it lets me finish the run from 149 to 160. Now on to 161 and 162.

490050.jpg

Ahhhh.. the sesquicentennial issue no less! 893applaud-thumb.gif

There are a lot of really killer books in this thread. It never ceases to amaze me!

I just got this book in from Heritage. I haven't even unbagged it yet. Probably just going to send it straight to CGC anyway.

RC1-fc.jpg

My first Crippen.

There are a lot of really killer books in this thread. It never ceases to amaze me!

I just got this book in from Heritage. I haven't even unbagged it yet. Probably just going to send it straight to CGC anyway.

RC1-fc.jpg

My first Crippen.

893applaud-thumb.gif

RC1-fc.jpg

My first Crippen.

Cool cover thumbsup2.gif Never seen this title before. Nice pick-up.

Angelo

Just won this one off Heritage. I have wanted it for a while since I like the cover plus it lets me finish the run from 149 to 160. Now on to 161 and 162.

490050.jpg

What a great cover!!! That one is on my list also. cloud9.gif

— Rick

Well I just couldn't resist this one any longer, makes my BA collection a distant memory as this is a one heck of an upgrade. cool.gifMF54cgc8metro.jpg

Beautiful book, Surfer! My second favorite cover of the run, behind #65.