• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Batman59CGC94.jpg

From the Williamsport collection.

and this is just wonderful!

I agree -- the Bat-Signal almost the diameter of the moon is amazing! I suppose since it's only a mile or so from the earth to the moon in the future, it wouldn't be so tough. And Saturn wobbling along only a couple of miles in the other direction -- WOO!

1st appearance of Bullseye -- I mean, Deadshot!?!!? I didn't know that he got his start in the Golden Age!

49333-3583_4_1.jpg

Jack

Hey Rich,

When was the last time you saw an unrestored 22 for sell? How about a mid to high grade copy? I haven't seen a copy in a LONG time.

Greg

About two years ago I sold a very nice looking vgf. That was the last one I have seen.

I have never heard of williamsport either...do tell?

It was an original owner collection of 3,000 Golden age comics from Williamsport, Pennsylvania that I bought a few years ago. 43 or the Superman and Batman were highest grade copies. Mostly from #50-115. Matt Nelson and Steve Ritter have information on Matt's site.

Jack

superman85cgc92fc.jpg

Superman100CGC90.jpg

When I initially saw them I suspected Superman and Batman from 50 up would grade high. There were lots with overhangs that CGC didn't encapsulate due to overhang.

Jack

WOW!