• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,565 posts in this topic

Fighting Yank #28

April 1949, cover by Alex Schomburg

Recent eBay fodder, you don't see these later issues in decent grade very often. This issue is skinny, only a 36-pager...

fightingyank28.jpg

WWII made Fighting Yank get old in hurry! :o

Picked this up at Wizard LA. Always wanted one, but never wanted to pay a lot for a high grade copy (I always thought it was overvalued in the guide).

This one looks great, has nice paper, and I got it in trade for some nice bronze and silver (store stock that is replaceable :grin: ).

military1.jpg

Awesome book Richard. I am very jealous. (worship):luhv:

Now find me one :wishluck:

Picked this up at Wizard LA. Always wanted one, but never wanted to pay a lot for a high grade copy (I always thought it was overvalued in the guide).

This one looks great, has nice paper, and I got it in trade for some nice bronze and silver (store stock that is replaceable :grin: ).

military1.jpg

sweet book Rich :applause:

I'm overdue in keeping my promise to my friend, Richard, to show off the newest treasures, that I bought from him.:cloud9: Thanks again, Richard, for keeping my addiction going! (thumbs u

Sorry about the picture, there was just too much glare this week

ricahrdsgroupshot_0043_edited-1.jpg

This one is my favorite...although, I'm also partial to the Clue:)

g55jpg.jpg

I am right there with you on this one, Sharon. What a cover!

I'm overdue in keeping my promise to my friend, Richard, to show off the newest treasures, that I bought from him.:cloud9: Thanks again, Richard, for keeping my addiction going! (thumbs u

"Wow"... I can't believe you bought 'em all! (worship) Looks like fun spring reading, Sha! (thumbs u

thought the Wow Comics one with the rainbow would have been your favorite....seriously your contact has a lot of sweet books!

Thanks, everyone:) I like the Wow one, too... I like them all but liked the monster and I didn't want to be accused of liking "girl stuff", like rainbows...;):makepoint: and that IS the problem, I like them all...I'd better get the Ebay scanner back out;)

g52jpg.jpg

cool sharon!

Wow , is right , that cover Rocks!! That's really different , I like it!!

:acclaim:

:applause:

Awww...thanks:) :shy: I figured you might find these interesting as well:) :foryou:

g53jpg.jpg

Swayze art on Mary Marvel is wonderful

thought the Wow Comics one with the rainbow would have been your favorite....seriously your contact has a lot of sweet books!

Thanks, everyone:) I like the Wow one, too... I like them all but liked the monster and I didn't want to be accused of liking "girl stuff", like rainbows...;):makepoint: and that IS the problem, I like them all...I'd better get the Ebay scanner back out;)

g52jpg.jpg

It's an element cover! Surely it's your favorite.

Interesting how the artist (Swayze here too?) managed to make young Judy Garland -- I mean, Mary Marvel -- appealing but not overly sexy. That can't be easy to do. Maybe that's one reason why her posture sort of underemphasizes her chest here.

The villain reminds me too much of the Phantom Blot! Almost looks like a post-code book, but then Fawcett tended to stay on the "good taste" side of the line even pre-code.

Nice set of books, Sharon.

Jack