• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,418 posts in this topic

well, in fairness to ryan, I paid him for the commissions, and he simply bought books from me that I knew he wanted with some of those proceeds (oh, he owes me a LOT more $'s, I am nice, but not THAT nice :insane: ).... I just meant we "both" got what we wanted (thumbs u

Thats reminds me Rick, I ice-packed up my spleen, and Fed Ex just picked it up, so that should be there in about three days (I sent it economy)! (thumbs u

doh! I thought you were overnighting....

Send him a spleen and he still wants a kidney.... doh!

:baiting:

You don't need your spleen...

Ryan please start a separate thread on your art work in the GA section please so we can get an idea of how long it takes to get one of these beauties, cost, etc. I would seriously consider a Cap #74 piece, frickin awesome!

if y'all think his cover reproductions are good, you ought to see his parcels--i just got one in. he wrote "fragile" in freehand so pretty i swear i don't want to throw it away. and i'm positive he was using some fancy calligraphy pen, to boot. now understand, the books themselves suck, but i find i don't care as much with all the time he obviously put in on the addressing front.

truth be told, I love the books, and the 'they suck' comment is really the product of the bitterness i have for the three fingers i lost trying to cut them out of the portable fort f'ing knox he sent them in. my god, they were well packed. ryan, if we do another deal, it's on the condition you don't make me spend 3/4 of a billable hour trying to unlock your davinci code-like comic compartment.

but thanks, i do love them.

the three fingers i lost trying to cut them out of the portable fort f'ing knox he sent them in.

What's the problem?

All you need are the index and pinky fingers to do the "Hook 'em Horns" sign.

the three fingers i lost trying to cut them out of the portable fort f'ing knox he sent them in.

What's the problem?

i need only one finger for what i think of the 'horns.

ryan, if we do another deal, it's on the condition you don't make me spend 3/4 of a billable hour trying to unlock your davinci code-like comic compartment.

Have your people bill my people, Billy.

Glad you like the books... since you like my penmanship so much, next time i'll write "Billy" on your comic covers for you in jiffy marker. :foryou:

What's the problem?

he don't need no fingers at all for the gator chomp!

5z6xstjec2gg6.gif

Ryan please start a separate thread on your art work in the GA section please so we can get an idea of how long it takes to get one of these beauties, cost, etc. I would seriously consider a Cap #74 piece, frickin awesome!

if y'all think his cover reproductions are good, you ought to see his parcels--i just got one in. he wrote "fragile" in freehand so pretty i swear i don't want to throw it away. and i'm positive he was using some fancy calligraphy pen, to boot. now understand, the books themselves suck, but i find i don't care as much with all the time he obviously put in on the addressing front.

truth be told, I love the books, and the 'they suck' comment is really the product of the bitterness i have for the three fingers i lost trying to cut them out of the portable fort f'ing knox he sent them in. my god, they were well packed. ryan, if we do another deal, it's on the condition you don't make me spend 3/4 of a billable hour trying to unlock your davinci code-like comic compartment.

I just called dibs on a commission. :banana:

I would like to thank Rick (Gator) for these top tier GA books that have been on my want list for a long time... FUNNY PAGES 35 (6.0 with WHITE pages!), and SILVER STREAK's #1 and 7. (the Doc Death pulp was thrown in to round out the photo).

It was absolutely generous of Rick to part with these books, and rest assured, they have found a good home!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

In fact, I think I'm going to gaze upon them right now...

Thanks again Gator!! :headbang:

rickbooksgrouppost.jpg

Two RARE #1's... I am obsessed with these two books (villain covers)...

ss1anddrdeath1post.jpg

Damn nice SS1. I want that book by the end of the Summer

Recent arrivals.

Last but not least (thanks to a fellow boardie)

You're welcome (thumbs u

Thank you good sir - this will hold a special place in my collection. Should I have it slabbed?

You bought that as restored, right? As long as you don't mind a purple label...it is up to you. If I was looking to keep the book and not sell it I would be more inclined to keep it in a Mylite2, then in a Mylar with a full back (or one of those new fangled clear backing boards that I am using now)

You guys proud of me?

:grin:

ss1anddrdeath1post.jpg

Thanks CC... it's well worth having!! (thumbs u

(I had a request to post some interiors from the SS1 and 7... i'll do that in the SILVER STREAK thread in the next few days)

ss1anddrdeath1post.jpg

(I had a request to post some interiors from the SS1 and 7... i'll do that in the SILVER STREAK thread in the next few days)

:banana: There is only one sale for SS1 noted under GPA which was in Heritage. Talk about rare. Besides your copy, I have only seen 2 others Berk's and Bedrocks

Edited by CarolinaComix

ss1anddrdeath1post.jpg

:banana: There is only one sale for SS1 noted under GPA which was in Heritage. Talk about rare. Besides your copy, I have only seen 2 others Berk's and Bedrocks

actually, the Pay copy now resides with Parker...

I had to decide to cull 2 of the 4 SS I had... do I keep 1 and 2, or do I keep 6 and 7...I went with the more "iconic" 6 and 7 as Keepers, and let Ryan twist my arm lol for the 1

ss1anddrdeath1post.jpg

actually, the Pay copy now resides with Parker...

I had to decide to cull 2 of the 4 SS I had... do I keep 1 and 2, or do I keep 6 and 7...I went with the more "iconic" 6 and 7 as Keepers, and let Ryan twist my arm lol for the 1

And did I TWIST!!! Twisted until I heard that POP and then I twisted the other arm. :makepoint:

They do come up for sale (IIRC, Parker listed his undercopy on ebay not too long ago), but they are definitely on the scarce side.

Maybe Jon Berk will post has copy... hm