• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,574 posts in this topic

Scrooge beat me to the punch with his VAST inventory of GA scans (does he have every book scanned?). Nice images, Scrooge!!

I'll still post a few odds and ends form those issues in the SILVER STREAK thread soon...

Ryan,

Please post your scans. I think most of the scans available for Silver Streak are from fiche and are not good quality. They are readable and I enjoyed SS 6 and SS 7 as fiche scans but I have a SS 9 scan that is from paper and much better quality. Some of the scans are also in Black and White. The scans below are from 10 and 11 in fiche and 9 from paper.

bb

2190278855_1fee122103_b.jpg

2190212143_21b0fab717_b.jpg

2478772590_78444aaae8_b.jpg

Ryan,

Please post your scans. I think most of the scans available for Silver Streak are from fiche and are not good quality. They are readable and I enjoyed SS 6 and SS 7 as fiche scans but I have a SS 9 scan that is from paper and much better quality. Some of the scans are also in Black and White. The scans below are from 10 and 11 in fiche and 9 from paper.

bb

Will do BB... i'll be posting shots directly from the comic. (thumbs u

I scanned another motorcycle cover and added my scan of Cap America 41 which should be a Harley based on the shifter location. The Charlie Chan motorcycle has a side car and I don't have any idea what the model is. I bought this issue on a cold morning in November in a parking lot. I was probably the only person to be outdoors shopping at the flea market on that day. It was a Gerber 8 no-show to my suprise..

bb

2477961311_c4b310edae_o.jpg

2478773004_62b9ce4f01_b.jpg

An ebay pick-up that arrived today. I don't usually buy DC War, but ever since another board member posted a copy I've wanted it. The G.I. grabbing a fistful of the North Korean's cheek is too much, and the whole struggling over a dead man's gun image is closer to what one would expect to find on an Atlas war book (which I do buy). And as a bonus it has Bernie Krigstein art inside.

aamow2.jpg

I was going to post the SILVER STREAK interiors in the SILVER STREAK thread, but since Scrooge started it off, and Bedrock picked it up, I figure I might as well continue...

Here' a cool panel from #1...

ss1panel1.jpg

and the infamous inside back cover, with the MARVEL #2 ad!

ss1backcover.jpg

(the SILVER STREAK #1 has a text illustration by Bill Everett as well! Lots of Funnies Inc. crossover in the first issue!)

And some highlights from the Claw vs. Daredevil story from #7... Cole at his best!

ss7detail1.jpg

ss7detail2.jpg

Last page from the story...

ss7lastpage.jpg

and more Cole weirdness...

ss7page.jpg

I was going to post the SILVER STREAK interiors in the SILVER STREAK thread, but since Scrooge started it off, and Bedrock picked it up, I figure I might as well continue...

And some highlights from the Claw vs. Daredevil story from #7... Cole at his best!

ss7detail1.jpg

ss7detail2.jpg

Thanks for the scans. All of the early Silver Streak issues deserve reprinting like the early Plastic Man. Cole was an unusual talent.

bb

and more Cole weirdness...

ss7page.jpg

... sooooo ... he's propelled by gas :insane:

:applause:

As are Parker and Gator.

(tsk) you want to talk about poison gas :baiting:

I just got this one from Jim Payette:

scan.jpg

Nice copy! What did he grade it?

5.0. It is really nice and glossy.

Have a Cigar or Short Bus books? More from skypinkblu's massive inventory!

Big 3 #4, Jul-41 from Fox. This is my first look at Samson and The Flame. Even a Kooba Cola ad inside the front cover!

Looks better than its technical grade because of a missing centerfold.

Jack

58052-Big3.jpg