• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

Here were my 3 Comic Link wins. I'm very happy to win the Air Fighters and Piracy books as I've been outbid on them in the last year or so, and for some reason the Terry Toons cover really appealed to me. :)

piracy6.jpg

air5.jpg

terry35.jpg

This Terry Toons cover is so clever. I think I am going to start a run of these.

Here are all of my c-link wins from the last two days:

RAD4E0ED200863_103459.jpg

What a great cover this one is. I was thinking, since the BT is under water....how his punch moved fast enough to knock that guys helmet off? He must be a SUPER HERO.......

And those Electric guns......thats cool. Not very feasable ......but cool.

Edited by Senormac

Here are all of my c-link wins from the last two days:

RAD4E0ED200863_103459.jpg

I am so excited for you about this one Josh :applause:(worship)

Thank you!!! I am very pumped about it.

It is a beautiful book. (thumbs u

This 1942 issue of the Quarterly Journal of the Graphic Arts contains the first printing of M.C. Gaines' Narrative Illustration, The Story of the Comics. The article offers an amazing history of comics replete with b/w and color examples. It is doubtful many copies still survive on the open market.

Gaines recognized the 1933 publication of Funnies on Parade as the first comic book (in "present form", as he noted it). He traced the history of comic books, as a form of art, back to the drawings by cavemen.

Simply fascinating article.

Print.jpg

This 1942 issue of the Quarterly Journal of the Graphic Arts contains the first printing of M.C. Gaines' Narrative Illustration, The Story of the Comics. The article offers an amazing history of comics replete with b/w and color examples. It is doubtful many copies still survive on the open market.

Gaines recognized the 1933 publication of Funnies on Parade as the first comic book (in "present form", as he noted it). He traced the history of comic books, as a form of art, back to the drawings by cavemen.

Simply fascinating article.

Print.jpg

Love to read it