• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,460 posts in this topic

Great book, Roy. I can't help but notice the face on Captain Marvel looks nothing like the way he is normally drawn. I also like that he has no problem destroying a whole bridge just to catch two crooks with tommy-guns (he could've just swooped down and grabbed them, saving tax payer DOT dollars). :banana:

Rec'd this yesterday - what an interesting oddball book. Has a strong Quality Comics feel to it on the inside. hm

Champ17.jpg

(Disclosure: yeah, it's a cool book alright... but what we really want to see is Mr. Berk post the rest of the run! :headbang: )

Here are some to get you started....

I will post champions later......just nice books!

These are very cool and rarely shown. Awesome. :headbang:

Here is another great cover from the run....jon

71903.jpg.2d61395a2cdc20416b79dc7321c8e244.jpg

Don't you hate it when you are trying to blow up a dam, and some nosy superhero guy comes along and punches you in the face, knocking you off the dam, and you end up falling WITH the very dynamite you were going to blow the dam up with?

I know I do. That mess sucks.

Don't you hate it when you are trying to blow up a dam, and some nosy superhero guy comes along and punches you in the face, knocking you off the dam, and you end up falling WITH the very dynamite you were going to blow the dam up with?

Then again ... maybe next time you don't bring a whole box of dynamite, esp. one with a HUGE label saying TNT on it :makepoint:

Then again ... maybe next time you don't bring a whole box of dynamite, esp. one with a HUGE label saying TNT on it :makepoint:

I think he was hoping people would assume he was from the TV Network TNT (shrug)

Great book, Roy. I can't help but notice the face on Captain Marvel looks nothing like the way he is normally drawn. I also like that he has no problem destroying a whole bridge just to catch two crooks with tommy-guns (he could've just swooped down and grabbed them, saving tax payer DOT dollars). :banana:

:tonofbricks:

I personally love the way his face is drawn, the way the whole bridge comes crashing down for one car and the fact that I own this copy.

Sorry to dis-appoint you.

:banana:

Just started a thread about this but what the heck I'll post it here too.

One of my favorite covers of the run and I happen to nail the Church copy.

WhizComics13CGC9_2Church.jpg

Congrats,what an amazing book!!! I was a little hesitant of that auction,glad to see it worked out so well for you (thumbs u Did it actually come suspended in the frame?

good price though...under $2200 for a book that last sold for more than $4K (thumbs u

Really nice pickup, Roy!

I know that comparing Capt. Marvel and Supes is old news, taboo, cliche, etc... but this is such a good example of the early similarities. Its no surprise they litigated for so long over these two men of steel. Congrats Roy - great cover!!!!

Given the level of imitation that goes on today without litigation, I would be very surprised at the lawsuit succeeding in this era. If anyone has info on someone that's analyzed the original case in light of current practice I would be very interested to hear about it.

all I can say is :cloud9: I just tore this out of it's 7.5 blue prison :)

3182278561_fa46810390_o.jpg

Another appropriate use for the

:o:o

How'd I miss that! Great book! :applause:

Awesome! Congrats, it's a beauty!!!

also, is it just me, or did Atlas use different paper for this book? This is my 3rd copy, all have had close to white pages as well as a near transparent cover. Is your copy similar?

I believe it was printed on higher than typical quality paper for Atlas.

You could have at least waited until you had them in your possession. Premature post-ulation

(tsk)

But cool books nonetheless Billy :applause:

been fightin' that szit for years.