• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,565 posts in this topic

Nice bunch -- I was hoping we'd see more detail than the group photos.

Of course I like the Picture Stories from Science -- yours look sharp! (Mine are down in the fair to good range.) I don't have the World history 2.

Who's the character in blue behind Black Cat?

Great Plastic Man!

Jack

Here a few fun ones that I got from Bedrock, and a Plastic Man that I got from Ken Stribling last weekend

PictureStoriesfromWorldHistory2.jpg

PictureStoriesfromScience2.jpg

PictureStoriesfromScience1.jpg

MarvelFamily.jpg

BlackCatMystery-1.jpg

PlasticMan.jpg

Here a few fun ones that I got from Bedrock, and a Plastic Man that I got from Ken Stribling last weekend

PlasticMan.jpg

I like that one !!

Edited by Senormac

I've decided to assemble the run. I once had nearly all of them and sold them. I've always regretted it, so the hunt is officially on now

:)

i simply don't understand you guys that just HAVE to complete runs.

I've decided to assemble the run. I once had nearly all of them and sold them. I've always regretted it, so the hunt is officially on now

:)

i simply don't understand you guys that just HAVE to complete runs.

lol Says the man with complete runs of everything!! lol

Thanks Jack. I am excited to have gotten such nice copies. Richard has a few more left in similar grade, but I ran out of money. If he still has them in a while I'll get them. :wishluck:

Black Cat's sidekick is the Black Kitten. Kind of an odd name for a boy character, but there it is.

Great books everyone! Love the Pocket Comics! And thanks for showing me a Halloween cover I didn't know about Lauren!

I am about to start a string of posts showing my NYCC loot. Some quick observations about what I was after. Timely Funny Animal was tough, not much in the room, it was what I was most after. Shockingly, the supply of pre #50 WDC&S Was very low, I expected o have my pick of books, but what I did see was VERY overpriced. Quite the opposite of ebay in that regard. I couldn't find a single Animal comics #1-5 in the room. :( New funnies in the early numbers were likewise not in abundance. I bought the only ones I saw that were not completely shattered.

One dealer had good pre code horror in a half off box! I picked up two, walked away, then came to my senses to go back buy more. In that time someone came in and bought $4k worth of it leaving it picked nearly clean. doh! I think I will end up selling the two I got to put the funds into Funny Animal.

Overall I was very happy with what I found, and got a little of everything I wanted except for some Jack Cole Stuff, nothing really grabbed me at the right price for the condition.

There were some jawdropping books in the room, just stunning quality, but I have to say the selection at Ponscon was more drop dead impressive than the whole room at NYCC!

Here are the 4 timely funny animals I found, more scans coming in a bit.

Shattered copy, but the ONLY early Krazy in the room, and the stories are incredible inside.

3263330177_efcc544369_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

Here are the 4 timely funny animals I found, more scans coming in a bit.

Shattered copy, but the ONLY early Krazy in the room, and the stories are incredible inside.

3263330177_efcc544369_o.jpg

These are terrific!

This one seems like it would be pretty scary to a child, but then again, it's no nastier than classic fairy tales like three little pigs and little Red Riding Hood.

Jack

This is one I was hoping to find as I simply love the cover. It was the most I spent on a single book at the show.

3263330311_603bc4a3a7_o.jpg

Beautiful!

Who did that distinctive lettering like the Danger sign?

Ernie Hart? Vince Fago?

Jack

Funny cover, and I just love that black water

3264156792_2b7bdeec32_o.jpg

This one actually made me laugh -- great cartooning!

The bubbles somehow make it funnier, but why are there bubbles? Am I missing a visual cue?

Jack

Because Bubble are cool! :)

Fago did a lot of the work and was the editor in charge of all of timely's Funny Animals, so a lot of it looks like Edgier Frisky Fables.

I agree, the Meat ration cover is pretty intense!!!

Edited by shiverbones