• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

I picked up the Frazetta cover at the NYCC after bargaining with the guys at Metropolis. Who says they don't bargain? I almost lost it when I left it at the restaurant after dinner. The hostess saved it for me. Whew! I was back on the Tarrytown train home by 7 PM. I turn into a pumpkin by 9 PM... or at least a vegetable.

bb

At long last! It finally arrived. I am so relieved. This was the book that Billy owed me as the final piece of the trade he and I did at Pons Con over two weeks ago. It's been in the mail for the better part of that time, and only had 180 miles to travel. Must have been hand carried.

I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. It was a stressful Friday the 13th at work today, but this sure took the edge off when it arrived at 3:00 this afternoon.

It is even more solid and pretty than I remembered.

Look for it in the Sales Forum soon, as was the plan when I traded my HT #1 to Billy.

:banana:

scan0004-1.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

At long last! It finally arrived. I am so relieved. This was the book that Billy owed me as the final piece of the trade he and I did at Pons Con over two weeks ago. It's been in the mail for the better part of that time, and only had 180 miles to travel. Must have been hand carried.

I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. It was a stressful Friday the 13th at work today, but this sure took the edge off when it arrived at 3:00 this afternoon.

Look for it in the Sales Forum soon, as was the plan when I traded my HT #1 to Billy.

scan0004-1.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

hm

maybe not as cool as a torch 2/1

but right in my ballpark of collecting...here are a few new acquisitions that arrived this week.

I really like the NWM #1 issue interiors...I have a lower grade than this one that I've had for over 20 years, hence I had to get all four issues....this is as good as I need of an upgrade of the #1 copy.

73996.jpg.3823f0283231106a225a04176f0d2dcd.jpg

73997.jpg.9742dd8621149725f8ee20223ea90002.jpg

73998.jpg.db8573e823d7f4812f7ef55c97f0d498.jpg

73999.jpg.88aac0134969a3dc74e047781700774b.jpg

maybe not as cool as a torch 2/1

but right in my ballpark of collecting...here are a few new acquisitions that arrived this week.

I really like the NWM #1 issue interiors...I have a lower grade than this one that I've had for over 20 years, hence I had to get all four issues....this is as good as I need of an upgrade of the #1 copy.

I like 'em Collin (thumbs u

scan0004-1.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

it traveled on the "pokey" express.

it is pretty pons; i guess it was the little stain on the back cover that did it, but i always thought there was alot more 4.5 than plain vg in the book. good luck when it hits the mktplace.

Tough act to follow Bill and his supa-book and I won't even try.

Here's one I picked up today, I've been looking for a copy awhile. I missed out on Sharon's copy but this one is the right one for my needs: Super Magician Chimp Chump. In addition to the cover, the centerfold is pretty nice too :cool:

(Sorry for the stretch)

74014.jpg.1e70e35e5237e08dca5da29100f9e3cd.jpg

74015.jpg.04cd339256041ff20664797508953d10.jpg

I just got this one in the mail. First expensive comic I have bought in over a year, but at $500 off guide, I figured what the heck.

batman16_mine.jpg

white pages! nice, nice, nice. looking at it makes me a little sad inasmuch as my 'tec 33 left the nest today.

I just got this one in the mail. First expensive comic I have bought in over a year, but at $500 off guide, I figured what the heck.

batman16_mine.jpg

white pages! nice, nice, nice. looking at it makes me a little sad inasmuch as my 'tec 33 left the nest today.

This'll cheer you up. You can always visit your old copy at my place.

batman11full.jpg

And I am glad your Tec 33 stayed in the family so I can visit it too :luhv:

This'll cheer you up. You can always visit your old copy at my place.

batman11full.jpg

And I am glad your Tec 33 stayed in the family so I can visit it too :luhv:

Batman 11 :luhv:

Incredible splash page, Scrooge! Thanks for scanning! (thumbs u

Don't you love it when your friendly neighborhood postal worker delivers a package like this to your door? :cloud9:

Big thanks to Pokerkid for some super-cool books that made this GA geek's day! (thumbs u

IMG_5018.jpg

As a matter of fact, I would love it had they been delivered to my door :applause: