• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,579 posts in this topic

And after many many years of collecting I thought I would never be able to own a copy of this book. But I was able to do a nice trade for it at Heroes Con!

The holy grail of David's collection, I present to you:

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Holy cow, David! That's awesome! (worship)

Very nice. :applause: (thumbs u

Wow, that is a pretty Batman 1 (thumbs u

Looks like Bill's old copy. :applause:

Your correct, it is! I found that out from Bill himself after I had made the trade. Small world of collecting we live in!

Paper on this book is extremely nice off-white.

Your correct, it is! I found that out from Bill himself after I had made the trade. Small world of collecting we live in!

It is a lovely book, and I miss it dearly. Glad you got it though David. I know how much you are enjoying having it! :applause:

And after many many years of collecting I thought I would never be able to own a copy of this book. But I was able to do a nice trade for it at Heroes Con!

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Holy cow, David! That's awesome! (worship)

Very nice. :applause: (thumbs u

Thank you! :acclaim::acclaim::cloud9:

It is a lovely book, and I miss it dearly. Glad you got it though David. I know how much you are enjoying having it! :applause:

Thanks Bill, I know you could tell the pure joy I was having when I got the deal done. I'm surprised I didn't wet myself! lol!

I had the great pleasure of meeting Bill at Heroes Con. He is an absolute great guy and highly recommend you say hello to him if you have the chance! (thumbs u

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

a truly great pick up...ask ERB, I tried to buy it from him in charlotte after he got it... very happy he made the deal for it

Yep, Gator started reaching for his wallet when he saw the book. :) Unless things go very wrong in my life, this will stay in the collection for a long time to come. He did make me promise him he would have first crack at it though...........

Yep, Gator started reaching for his wallet when he saw the book. :) Unless things go very wrong in my life, this will stay in the collection for a long time to come. He did make me promise him he would have first crack at it though...........

I thought I got first crack (shrug)

Gator didn't want it when I was selling it, so don't reward him for his foolishness :grin:

Gator didn't want it when I was selling it, so don't reward him for his foolishness :grin:

I meant to say Gator had first crack at it AFTER you had the chance to get it first. (thumbs u :baiting:

I meant to say Gator had first crack at it AFTER you had the chance to get it first. (thumbs u :baiting:

:makepoint: well, the good news is that D is keeping it!

I didn't buy it when bill was selling because I already had 2 other copies at the time...but, when one is "without", one tends to get eager (thumbs u

:makepoint: well, the good news is that D is keeping it!

I didn't buy it when bill was selling because I already had 2 other copies at the time...but, when one is "without", one tends to get eager (thumbs u

Ain't that the truth. :(

Congrats on that strong BATS #1 David. Wow, that is a nice sharp copy.

One day down the road I may trade up my GA collection for a copy such as that... would be nice to own one at least once!

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Just in from the May CL auction:

RADAFB2E2009427_201132.jpg

RADEAA9E2009427_201130.jpg

I like these also ;) Nice to see some Police books showing their faces around here sometimes

Just in from the May CL auction:

Great Police books! (and nice Green Lama JJShaffer!) (thumbs u

I just won this from Heritage's Sunday auction, and am happy to finally have a copy (even if the condition isn't great). :cloud9:

foxhole1x.jpg

I've never seen one of those before !! Wow that cover is pretty shocking. The dead bodies and that soldier with the bandages is brutal.