• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Picked this up at last year's WW Chicago. Finally got around to submitting it and was pleasantly surprised. Came back top census and with the ped designation :banana:

WNovaScotia.jpg

was it the top census that was the surprise, or the ped, or both? wonderful book.

Just back from Susan & CGC. Picked it up from the post office the day before I left for SD... :cloud9:

batman1f.jpg

i saw it.

i held it.

i kinda drooled on it.

very, very nice.

I wondered where the drool came from. It was great to finally meet you, Billy! :hi:

Just back from Susan & CGC. Picked it up from the post office the day before I left for SD... :cloud9:

batman1f.jpg

i saw it.

i held it.

i kinda drooled on it.

very, very nice.

I wondered where the drool came from. It was great to finally meet you, Billy! :hi:

you, too buddy; had a ball.

Picked this up at last year's WW Chicago. Finally got around to submitting it and was pleasantly surprised. Came back top census and with the ped designation :banana:

Lou Fine cover... Will Eisner art... pre-1940... pedigreed copy... great shape... :applause:... :headbang:

WNovaScotia.jpg

was it the top census that was the surprise, or the ped, or both? wonderful book.

A little bit of both, Billy. I thought the book had an outside chance at 7.0, so the 7.5 was a nice surprise. After I bought the book I talked to Stephen Ritter about it and he looked up what books they knew of in the Nova Scotia pedigree. Mine didn't show up. But like Stephen said, that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't. So the ped designation was more of a pleasant surprise than the grade.

Only bought three books at SDCC this year. Two were left with CGC so I won't have them for a few months, but this one came home with me.

Been looking for a copy for quite some time now. I did a triple take when I saw it peeking out from behind another book on the dealer's wall. Thought my eyes were deceiving me, but happily they weren't.

:)

startling10.jpg

And this one makes me the happiest - lower grade copy but I finished the run of Heroic Comics through #15 before the genre change. Picked this one from Jim Payette.

I don't have a group shout with this one included but also below is my group shout without the #13:

heroic13VG-.jpg

heroic.jpg

:o(worship):headbang:

Only bought three books at SDCC this year. Two were left with CGC so I won't have them for a few months, but this one came home with me.

Been looking for a copy for quite some time now. I did a triple take when I saw it peeking out from behind another book on the dealer's wall. Thought my eyes were deceiving me, but happily they weren't.

:)

startling10.jpg

Very nice Bill! Lucky Dog! :cloud9: