• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Bought this from Richard a while back, came back this week top census :applause:

W.jpg

:o I'd like it back now please.

This book was GIVEN to me by a fellow board member and friend, who knew I liked Plastic Man. I had no idea and didn't hardly know what to say except Thank You !! :applause: I'm not the fastest social networker, but the people on these boards are some of the finest I've ever come across, and I hope that I can follow in the footsteps of those who were here before me if you just give me enough time :luhv:

Police20.jpg

CaptainMarvel5CGCVGF50.jpg

I've always dug the cover on Captain Marvel 5. That plane must have a wing span of two or three football fields.

Anything to make the Nazis look more technologically advanced and thus scarier...

mm40.jpg

mm44.jpg

I'm kickin myself now cuz I can't remember which dealer I got this one from (WorldWideComics I think) but he made us (me and my friend Joe) a good deal on a couple a books. That makes 5 down.......20 to go in my 90-114 Det. mini run. Some spine damage here but it was good to knock off the 100th issue

Det100.jpg

And finally, my last day purchase. A Davis Crippen Police #31. Its a 7.5 which is almost at the point where I'm afraid to read em. I don't think I've ever come home with so many nice books before ....8 in total. It was a good show and I enjoyed hangin out and talkin with some of the boardies like HumanTorch, DesignerToast, and Mr.Bedrock. Others I got to meet but didn't spend alot of time with like Greggy, TuppenyConan, Dale Roberts, SilverandBronze, Det27kid, Sniper, and ParisFred.....but hey, its a whole year till the next show. So I'll cya on the boards !! (thumbs u

Police31.jpg

mm40.jpg

mm44.jpg

Magnificent books Richard!!! (worship)

Man, under what rocks are your finding these gems? (shrug) A mid-grade Marvel #40 like that has eluded me for years :cry:

Congrats :applause:

Those are just fantastic (worship)

3773929131_5594bc2634_b.jpg

WOW! Great book Dino. Never seen that before. Will need to add to my GGA wantlist.

I've always liked this cover, unfortunately so does everyone else, so my dreams of finding a copy at guide long ago evaporated. Who did the cover? While unsigned, and not really representative of his work in general, the inking certainly looks like L.B. Cole.

That is a jaw dropper Richard! Talk about worth the wait..

Thanks Russ. You will see it up close and personal in eight weeks.