• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

And before Bedrock chimes in, yes Richard, some books are staying for the long haul now, as finances are nice and stable.

That's awesome Bill (thumbs u

(Wanna buy any of my old ? :gossip: )

Some of your not_in_tune_with_social_norms would be nice

And I've always wanted a copy of this book also:

scan0008-2.jpg

Love this cover :cloud9:

Me too. I was trying for this book in the last CLINK auction (if this is the same book) but just couldn't hang on long enough. Congrats

This is a book few will appreciate but it is absolutely one of THE toughest books to find. To give you a feeling for how hard it is to find, I talked to Metro and they said they have only sold two copies ever.

I went to my first Pulp show this weekend; The Windy City Pulp and Paper show. Lot's of fun! This was the first thing I purchased!

scan0007-2.jpg

What year was that printed in? I've never seen a copy before, cool.

I already posted this as a copied pic from the seller. Here it is now safe in my collection. Bird in hand and all that. Interior shot too of Heckle and Jeckles 1st app.

Tough book to find, man this made my day.

scan0312.jpg

scan0313.jpg

scan0314.jpg

This is a book few will appreciate but it is absolutely one of THE toughest books to find. To give you a feeling for how hard it is to find, I talked to Metro and they said they have only sold two copies ever.

I went to my first Pulp show this weekend; The Windy City Pulp and Paper show. Lot's of fun! This was the first thing I purchased!

scan0007-2.jpg

Few will appreciate it because few will ever see it. Congrats on picking up a true rarity!

scan0312.jpg

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

I already posted this as a copied pic from the seller. Here it is now safe in my collection. Bird in hand and all that. Interior shot too of Heckle and Jeckles 1st app.

scan0312.jpg

scan0313.jpg

scan0314.jpg

Beautiful copy :applause:

scan0314.jpg

NICE! thanks for posting the splash! I love Heckle and Jeckle... hard to find those cartoons anywhere now.

scan0312.jpg

scan0314.jpg

Fantastic -- I'm finding Golden Age non-superhero books more interesting all the time. Great cartooning on the cover and H&J page. Any idea who drew them? Timely's funny animal regulars?

Bails' Who's Who suggests

GANTZ, DAVID (most likely)

CARIN, FRANK

GILL, RAY

STRAUBING, HAL

DESCHAMPS, BOB (inks)

Jack

Edited by selegue

scan0007-2.jpg

What year was that printed in? I've never seen a copy before, cool.

Nov. 1940 and thanks :)

scan0007-2.jpg

like 'em all; and this one is really cool. congrats.

Thanks Billy, you have some great books!

And I've always wanted a copy of this book also:

scan0008-2.jpg

Love this cover :cloud9:

Me too. I was trying for this book in the last CLINK auction (if this is the same book) but just couldn't hang on long enough. Congrats

Not sure if the same book or not, I bought from another person. Paid what I was comfortable.....which is all any of us can do, right?!! :)

I like it!

scan0007-2.jpg

Few will appreciate it because few will ever see it. Congrats on picking up a true rarity!

Thanks a bunch BOOT, I am very excited about this book! The only one that I know of in a collection is in Theagenes great collection of ERB books!