• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

my second favorite l.b. cole cover, behind blue bolt 105. thanks boardie!

catman31.jpg

(worship):luhv: That is absolutely Awesome Billy! Love that L.B. Cole cover! :cloud9:

Thats a pretty nice cover and book. I don't usually care for LB Cole, but this one is very nice :applause:

Here's another one with a sexy babe (this beauty arrived yesterday); it's a classic woman in peril cover...

img_Pep10_161-1.jpg

Sorry about the scan, the older holder has a few minor scuff marks over the "E" and "M"... this PEP has a sharp, bright cover. The colors really pop and Novick's perspective is dizzying) :luhv:

Love some of the early Pep covers,and this one in particular.Congrats!

my second favorite l.b. cole cover, behind blue bolt 105. thanks boardie!

catman31.jpg

Yikes that's a stunner Billy.It sure exemplifies classic GA in my mind.I just love the stern look on Catman's face.He sure doesn't appear to be worried with the overwhelming odds against him.

That is a beauty, Billy. Is that one of GAtor's books he was selling?

I've not bought much recently since I've been unloading a lot of my SA and BA books but I took a trip to Columbus and picked up a small handful of books from Dave Kapelka.

Conan14.jpg

FamousFunnies211.jpg

GhostBreakers1.jpg

GhostBreakers2.jpg

Thats a pretty nice cover and book. I don't usually care for LB Cole, but this one is very nice :applause:

Blasphemy! :o

You must like that other Cole. :baiting:

Guilty as charged :acclaim:

this other one?

ss6.jpg

:applause: Yeah, I think that's the right Cole. Congratulations on just having a copy of that puppy, Billy. (worship)

As an artist, I've always found that particular cover of Silver Streak a bit frustrating though. Jack's detailed line art is fantastic of course, but whoever worked the color just didn't do it justice; clearly Jack had little to do with the color layout.

If you can imagine the B&W original and then mentally recolor it so that the Claw's upper lip is shaded yellow & green (like the lower right lip) instead of red, and the creature's saliva and hand isn't crudely painted into the flat green background of the robe, then Jack's fine line work on this cover becomes much more impressive.

I love every issue of Silver Streak, but it's the next issue in the series that does it for me. #7 has a much better color palette. The color artist couldn't miss the lines on this one (assuming that Cole didn't do the color layout himself) and the heavier brush work demonstrates Jack's fluid style far more successfully. At least that's how my artist's eyes interpret it.

img_SilverStreak7_058-1-1.jpg

Edited by DavidMerryweather

First purchase in months... Thought this was presentable enough a copy that it would tide me over until I can find a F+ copy.

UWC7.jpg

I almost pulled the trigger on that one, but hesitated due to the seller. Just make sure you give it a thorough resto check when you get it.

Such a super tough book. I have been looking for years with zero luck.

First purchase in months... Thought this was presentable enough a copy that it would tide me over until I can find a F+ copy.

UWC7.jpg

man, that's a cool one! well done, sir.

UWC7.jpg

I almost pulled the trigger on that one, but hesitated due to the seller. Just make sure you give it a thorough resto check when you get it.

Such a super tough book. I have been looking for years with zero luck.

Thank you for the heads up. I will definitely give it a thorough once over when I get it. This was the most presentable copy I've been able to find in quite awhile as well.

Thank you Straw Man. :banana:

Edited by Twistty1