• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

ss6-1.jpg

After spending some quality time with your copy last weekend, this book is now officially on my want list :cloud9:

not this copy, i hope, as we all know you always get what you want.

the grade gap was huge, but it was nice having this in one hand and your larson dd 1 in the other.

The Cat's meow... :cloud9:

img_SilverStreak7_058-1-1-1.jpg

#8 would be my next choice, but it will apparently take a lot MOAR mewing to locate one in grade.

BTW, that was an awesome bunch of Silver Streaks, Billy. (worship)

Edited by DavidMerryweather

#8 would be my next choice, but it will apparently take a lot MOAR mewing to locate one in grade.

BTW, that was an awesome bunch of Silver Streaks, Billy. [/size] (worship)

I've found issue 8 to be really tough Cat.I've looked for over a decade and the only nice copy I've seen was the 7.0 Heritage had.(Wish I would've bid more on that one though doh! ) Hopefully you'll have better luck than me.I've just about given up and resigned myself to this beater copy.

silverstreak8.jpg

nazi skull men unicorns are especially irresistible.

hm So that's how comic geeks lose their cherries! :o

Yikes! :o

Seriously though, thanks to everyone for posting the Silver Streaks. There are some cool covers in that run!

BTW, that was an awesome bunch of Silver Streaks, Billy. [/size] (worship)

I've found issue 8 to be really tough Cat.I've looked for over a decade and the only nice copy I've seen was the 7.0 Heritage had.(Wish I would've bid more on that one though doh! ) Hopefully you'll have better luck than me.I've just about given up and resigned myself to this beater copy.

silverstreak8.jpg

Back in the 80's I owned the MH/Church copy. It had strong color and all of the original cover gloss, but would've probably graded VF or VF+ due to some minor structural issues (bent corner and noticeable bindery chip). Who knows where that book is today, but I've often wished to find it and buy it back or one similar to it condition-wise. I think Bedrock was offered a shot at my Silver Streak collection shortly after I'd sold them in the early 90's (he may have better recall about the specific condition issues), but I've never seen any of those books resurface at shows or big auctions.

ss6-1.jpg

After spending some quality time with your copy last weekend, this book is now officially on my want list :cloud9:

the grade gap was huge, but it was nice having this in one hand and your larson dd 1 in the other.

They do make nice book ends though don't they?

Kind of like these two do :):cloud9::luhv:

fc6631aa.jpg

ss6-1.jpg

They do make nice book ends though don't they?

Kind of like these two do :):cloud9::luhv:

fc6631aa.jpg

:cloud9: