• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
47 47

48,562 posts in this topic

Sweet book Cat!!! Hey, check out a lil geetar I posted on the previous page :headbang:

[font:Times New Roman]That puppy is really sweet![/font] :applause:

[font:Times New Roman]I know that this is a little off topic, but while we're sharing fond geetar (or is it geezer) memories, here are a couple of mine...

Hanging out with Joe Bonamassa after a concert back when he was still doing club gigs.[/font]

a1b0620e-50cc-4b3b-ac51-b707abdf50cb_zpsf34cedb4.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Our JB geetar "shrine"...[/font]

0219650E-1CB0-447B-B5A8-832D03AEB063-143-0000019775B48ABD_zps81ea2aa7.jpg

VERY cool :applause:

I now have a mental picture of you and Cat playing an air guitar duet to - oh, say - Argus by Wishbone Ash. (And please don't tell me they were before your time as well. Darn, they probably were)

[font:Times New Roman]My hair is more vintage Ted Turner than Andy Powell, but being compared to either is a compliment.[/font] (thumbs u

I posted a group shot of these in the Timely thread the other day, but they weren't in hand yet. So here are some individual shots now that they are in the house. :)

Census data:

20 total copies graded.10 blue higher than this one, but the top graded book is an 8.0!

SunGirl1CGC_zps83e222f6.jpg

Crivvens! That means I have the highest graded and didn't even know it! Great set Bill!

SunGirl180.jpg

Here's my raw copy that walked into a local comic shop from an original owner collection. The only Timely. It's low grade, maybe a 2.5 at best. I took the liberty of snapping some pics so you guys can see what you're missing inside the issue. (thumbs u

sungirl1_zps133895d4.jpg

1st splash

sungirl11stsplash_zps1dfbc486.jpg

2nd splash

sungril12ndsplash_zps4cb181a7.jpg

3rd splash

sungirl13rdsplash_zps918b6b9c.jpg

4th splash

sungirl14thsplash_zpsb8847569.jpg

I posted a group shot of these in the Timely thread the other day, but they weren't in hand yet. So here are some individual shots now that they are in the house. :)

Census data:

20 total copies graded.10 blue higher than this one, but the top graded book is an 8.0!

SunGirl1CGC_zps83e222f6.jpg

Crivvens! That means I have the highest graded and didn't even know it! Great set Bill!

SunGirl180.jpg

Here's my raw copy that walked into a local comic shop from an original owner collection. The only Timely. It's low grade, maybe a 2.5 at best. I took the liberty of snapping some pics so you guys can see what you're missing inside the issue. (thumbs u

sungirl1_zps133895d4.jpg

1st splash

sungirl11stsplash_zps1dfbc486.jpg

2nd splash

sungril12ndsplash_zps4cb181a7.jpg

3rd splash

sungirl13rdsplash_zps918b6b9c.jpg

4th splash

sungirl14thsplash_zpsb8847569.jpg

thanks Jimmy. Heckuva thing to walk through the door like that. The artwork is - well- sunny.

I was thinking - has anyone ever seen a copy of #1 which is not miscut?

Edited by alanna

Your welcome Michael (thumbs u I'm not sure about the miscut. Here's my Namora #1, the first Golden Age book I ever held in my hands and I bought it and still have it to this day!! I had it slabbed and plan to leave it to my daughter when I'm done and gone. She's already buying Silver Age and LOVES Golden Age Cap :applause:

namora1_zps0a792d3a.jpg

Your welcome Michael (thumbs u I'm not sure about the miscut. Here's my Namora #1, the first Golden Age book I ever held in my hands and I bought it and still have it to this day!! I had it slabbed and plan to leave it to my daughter when I'm done and gone. She's already buying Silver Age and LOVES Golden Age Cap :applause:

namora1_zps0a792d3a.jpg

Beautiful colors on this copy!

Those later, slimmer Timely books seem moderately prone to being miscut, but I can't recall seeing a copy of Sun Girl #1 without it being narrower at the bottom. Just wondering if anyone had a four square copy.

Got these 2 from the last C-link auction.I've wanted a copy of the Thrilling for quite a while.

thrilling38_zps7afdca31.jpg

:applause: Scarce I reckon

hm Actually I think this is my old copy, but it was raw when I had it.

Yes sir,haven't seen many of this issue. Funny how the books get around sometimes.You of course have my old Terrific 5 and I believe you own this one as well.It used to be mine once upon a time. :cry:

fourfavorites5_zpse8bf6efa.jpg