• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,565 posts in this topic

Sunday at the show was just ok. Managed to pick up a few commons.

Cosmic Aeroplane.

amf24_zps7eac522c.jpg

Cosmic Aeroplane (I think).

amf25_zpsa882c051.jpg

Still can't believe I own this, let alone in high grade.

amf4_zpsf603ace3.jpg

(worship)

In hand now, and cracked out of the slab.

I can't tell you how cool it is to reconnect with this book some 16+ years since I sold it to Ruben.

Apologies to Parker for posting a non-Timely, since only Timelys matter and are always HOT HOT HOT.

Poor slobs like me like comics from all publishers. The horror, and the shame are almost more than I can bear

Detective12_zps71d985b4.jpg

I had part of this book as a kid (front cover and 20 or so pages). Thanks to BLB for mentioning it in one of his recent historical posts... I gave up hunting for one years ago, but when he reminded me of it, I looked around, and now, 35 years later, I will get to finish the second story and read the rest of the book :D

HyperMysteryComics011940-051015500_zpsded7a9ca.jpg

I know, I know... It has tape. Sometimes, for some books, even your biggest no-go-oh-hell-no deal-breaker doesn't matter.

Edited by Cimm

Pretty copy, Claudio...... Here's my new book. D copy Schomburg c/a......GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

AMAZINGADVENTURES2-D.jpg

I believe Schomburg only did an interior story, but the cover was done by another, not Norm Saunders, but his assistant who's name escapes me..

That Hyper Mystery looks gorgeous, Cimm. Never saw it before, I have got to check if it‘s at the DCM. And… who cares about tape? lol

I have doubts about Schomburg as well on that cover, Jim, it does not seem his "halftone" painting style… hm

Pretty copy, Claudio...... Here's my new book. D copy Schomburg c/a......GOD BLESS....

AMAZINGADVENTURES2-D.jpg

I believe Schomburg only did an interior story, but the cover was done by another, not Norm Saunders, but his assistant who's name escapes me..

...... yeah, I'm wondering about that too.... CGC notes it as Schomburg cover and art, but OSPG makes no mention of cover artist for any of the run. I've never studied Schomburg's pulp covers and can't really comment. It doesn't have that dynamic quality that most of Saunder's work has....that sense of motion. The Alien doesn't seem like typical Schomburg fare..... so your explanation does make sense. GOD BLESS....