• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

ManFromPlanetXCGC25_zpsb4c80a9e.jpg

That's an incredibly pretty front cover for a 2.5, Michael.

As you probably know, this particular issue is notorious for having a fragile spine.

Also, the artwork inside is phenomenal (have you read it yet?)!

As you probably know, this particular issue is notorious for having a fragile spine.

Must be great art inside! A coverless copy on eBay recently was hotly contested out of my price range (for a coverless book.) :)

This one is relatively nice because it doesn't have any significant chipping to the covers. I've never known a copy that didn't have spine problems - usually taped. The artwork is interesting, just trying to spot how many artists were involved. And it's very moody. One of the worst sci fi movies, one of the best sci fi comics! The back cover is also kinda neat!

ManFromPlanetXbc_zps3ba41b22.jpg

Must be great art inside! A coverless copy on eBay recently was hotly contested out of my price range (for a coverless book.) :)

There is a facsimile which does a reasonable job of reproducing the interiors. It has as a stiff cover. I remember the authors added an editorial beginning with the phrase "This comic does not exist in mint condition!"

I wonder if any higher grade copies even exist?

There were two copies in the Crowley collection. They were both unread and, since he was a Fawcett editor, could almost be considered file copies. Both of them had the splitting. I was lucky enough to get one of the two from Bachara. About 3/4 of the spine is split...

fawcettmovie15fc.jpg

fawcettmovie15bc.jpg

There were two copies in the Crowley collection. They were both unread and, since he was a Fawcett editor, could almost be considered file copies. Both of them had the splitting. I was lucky enough to get one of the two from Bachara. About 3/4 of the spine is split...

fawcettmovie15fc.jpg

you have apparently not checked it since flex thumbed it up at comicpalooza. just sayin'.

fawcettmovie15fc.jpg

fawcettmovie15bc.jpg

Another Fawcett with similar problems.

WorldsofFear210_zpsdc27a49c.jpg

you have apparently not checked it since flex thumbed it up at comicpalooza. just sayin'.

:o

I thumbed all of Richard's comics at 'palooza! Then I washed my hands!

These aren't in hand yet, but a little emailing today informed me that they're on the way, so I'm feeling good about posting this fearsome threesome.

I went off my usual line (Wonder Woman, Spectre stuff, early Tecs, blah blah) and had lots of fun doing so. :)

cdnp24_zps95b2f309.jpg