• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Saw some amazing GA books on Saturday. Absolutely spectacular color strike. So vibrant as to defy age. I have only held a few GA Peds in my life, so you salty dogs may think it's cute, but I am telling you, wow. Hopefully Tim will be along soon . . . :whistle:

photo_zps9bd4149c.jpg

Which Tim?

Saw some amazing GA books on Saturday. Absolutely spectacular color strike. So vibrant as to defy age. I have only held a few GA Peds in my life, so you salty dogs may think it's cute, but I am telling you, wow. Hopefully Tim will be along soon . . . :whistle:

photo_zps9bd4149c.jpg

Gorgeous colors!

This is anew pickup for me nice old book

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/f16_zps482e7747.jpg' alt='f16_zps482e7747.jpg'>

That is such a cool Flash cover. If I collected the title, I think I would start with that issue. Congrats!

Had this in PGM don't see many of these on the boards

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/mf66_zps78716236.jpg' alt='mf66_zps78716236.jpg'>

Here is my only Dell Giant: Walt Disney's Peter Pan Treasure Chest from Jan. 1953. I purchased the book five months ago at a local show. Looking at the OSPG this book this book guides at NM at over 5X the second most valuable Dell Giant. Even in the mid grades it guides much higher than the other Dell Giants. This copy is about a VG+ or maybe a VG/F with excellent color gloss. It took me "like forever" to find a copy and I wondering why it guides so high compared to other Dell Giants. Perhaps some Disney collectors can chime in.

Thanks!

003.jpg

Here is my only Dell Giant: Walt Disney's Peter Pan Treasure Chest from Jan. 1953. I purchased the book five months ago at a local show. Looking at the OSPG this book this book guides at NM at over 5X the second most valuable Dell Giant. Even in the mid grades it guides much higher than the other Dell Giants. This copy is about a VG+ or maybe a VG/F with excellent color gloss. It took me "like forever" to find a copy and I wondering why it guides so high compared to other Dell Giants. Perhaps some Disney collectors can chime in.

Thanks!

003.jpg

Iirc, with a lot of copies the spine has split and pages are loose or missing. In addition, I would expect that the 50 cent price probably kept sales down. I know I have a copy somewhere. I'll have to dig it out and take a look. Nice pick up.

What adds to the difficulty of condition is that 1) it's a black cover, 2) it's a thick book and the binding can come undone and as Sqeggs mentioned, pages want to come flying off, and 3) beyond the price, the fact that there are probably 20 pages of activity inside means pages would be either taken out to complete them or have significant markings inside.

photo_zps9bd4149c.jpg

I must have missed this when Sean posted it. What a gorgeous copy! :applause:

What adds to the difficulty of condition is that 1) it's a black cover, 2) it's a thick book and the binding can come undone and as Sqeggs mentioned, pages want to come flying off, and 3) beyond the price, the fact that there are probably 20 pages of activity inside means pages would be either taken out to complete them or have significant markings inside.

The dealer from whom I purchased the book had it in his own personal collection for over 20 years. He claimed that there were no puzzle markings. However, my friends and I decided to go through the book with his permission and found one puzzle done in pencil. He overlooked this and was willing to take $50.00 off his asking prize which seemed like a fair deal so I bought the book.

Besides the cover gloss and high ink reflectivity the spine is not cracked at all, the book is very tight and the PQ is very nice probably OW--perhaps better. Anyway, thanks for the information about the book and why it's so difficult to find a decent copy. I really appreciate it.

SLR

Edited by Stevenrams

Thanks!

003.jpg

Iirc, with a lot of copies the spine has split and pages are loose or missing. In addition, I would expect that the 50 cent price probably kept sales down. I know I have a copy somewhere. I'll have to dig it out and take a look. Nice pick up.

Yes, I sure would like to see your copy and other copies that board members many own.

SLR

Very nice copy, "Scrooge". I know "40 years Collecting" quite well. In fact, he was with me when I bought my copy. I'll have to ask him to scan his copy though we're getting together for a "Geekfest" in Sept. at another board member's house. I'll be sure to ask him to bring his copy. Again, thanks for showing me your copy!

SLR