• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

I wonder how many are aware that Bonnett's books is still in business? See that stamp on the Supersnipe cover? How many of you have books that were bought at Bonnett's? Did you know they are still open and still sell comics? Amazing... :gossip:

Edited by tricolorbrian

Hey Can anyone give me some insight as to the value and rarity, if any of these pics. I got these from an Estate sale and they appear to be uncut fold outs of Dell western stars. As you can see they are in great shape and have their original mailers from the 40's. I have never see the smaller ones before and they have future famous cowboys like John Wayne etc.... Also is one of the Dell membership order cards unused. I paid 125.00 for all of them and I have seven different long sheets of 5 picture foldouts and then the 7 little cards with 6 stars each.

Any idea of value or has anyone seen these. Are they rare or hard to come by. For the price I couldn't pass them up. Thanks.

westernpics1_zpsc0e9d3ad.jpg

westernpics2_zpsa7f69384.jpg

I have no idea of value, but those are darn cool!

Those are pretty cool. I have collected a lot of Lone Ranger comics and some with Leonard and Gene but never found those cards. I did pick up a scrap book filled with covers and pictures of the western heroes of the fifties and early sixties.

12704040525_92a8efbf74_b.jpg

A couple more pages from the scrapbook and some covers.

12757856433_4ac07f4d1d_c.jpg

12757857633_333a6ec49f_c.jpg

12757717725_809ac6575c_c.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Can't sleep so I figured I post lol

I only have a hand full of pulps but when I saw BB-Gun posted his copy last month I had to have one lol

I will be reading this today.

image_zps27fe0fca.jpg

Sheldon must like Captain Future too but you must remember the robot is supposed to be one of the good guys.

12758592585_df2720de5b_o.jpg

Hey Can anyone give me some insight as to the value and rarity, if any of these pics. I got these from an Estate sale and they appear to be uncut fold outs of Dell western stars. As you can see they are in great shape and have their original mailers from the 40's. I have never see the smaller ones before and they have future famous cowboys like John Wayne etc.... Also is one of the Dell membership order cards unused. I paid 125.00 for all of them and I have seven different long sheets of 5 picture foldouts and then the 7 little cards with 6 stars each.

Any idea of value or has anyone seen these. Are they rare or hard to come by. For the price I couldn't pass them up. Thanks.

westernpics1_zpsc0e9d3ad.jpg

westernpics2_zpsa7f69384.jpg

I have no idea of value, but those are darn cool!

Those are pretty cool. I have collected a lot of Lone Ranger comics and some with Leonard and Gene but never found those cards. I did pick up a scrap book filled with covers and pictures of the western heroes of the fifties and early sixties.

12704040525_92a8efbf74_b.jpg

A couple more pages from the scrapbook and some covers.

12757856433_4ac07f4d1d_c.jpg

12757857633_333a6ec49f_c.jpg

12757717725_809ac6575c_c.jpg

Ah those were the days, when westerns ruled the tv screens.