• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

i'm told this is a hard one, so i'm very glad to have grabbed it. pretty cover, i think.

master35.jpg

Definitely a cool cover! :golfclap:

I think the somewhat wild color design goes quite well with Ingel's frenetic art.

Always wanted a copy of this one -

I think the somewhat wild color design goes quite well with Ingel's frenetic art.

Yeah. I should have uploaded this one into Photobucket. A crisper scan would make this look better.

Btw, 2 stories by Jimmy Thompson sandwich a Larsen story inside. I was quite pleased when I saw that. :)

Yeah. I should have uploaded this one into Photobucket. A crisper scan would make this look better.

Btw, 2 stories by Jimmy Thompson sandwich a Larsen story inside. I was quite pleased when I saw that. :)

I may have to look into this book. hm

Behind the Maneely cover, it's Sinnott on 3 Arrowhead stories. Joe could pencil in his own right ... too bad he got co-opted on inks later on. Did he switch willingly, anyone knows?

Btw, Arrowhead has one of my favorite logos :cloud9:

110012.jpg.fa0a8681456b4514627687c5186a5304.jpg

I don't typically collect Atlas Westerns but Maneely knew how to draw mayhem and the Two-Gun Kid issues in that range generally have some stories by the manic C.F. Miller and I seek those out ... balanced by the staid but dependable Jack Keller and then the issue is rounded (or I should said pointed out) by Ayers at a time when most of his characters could split a cliff with their nose and chin.

110013.jpg.a1da79ece3ada3e496ce2dc843d2d5c7.jpg

Below is a Severin cover from 1957 and he had been in the biz for close to a decade by then ... followed from this past month's work in Witchfinder - Lost and Gone Forever. Amazing work done at 88 / 89 years-old (worship)

110014.jpg.2230071f10e0497716b6e0951470730f.jpg

110015.jpg.e279a1d9701d5dd34cce47b45d6f9026.jpg