• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Good eye Marty!!! I didn't know that the cover was recycled and used again!   (thumbsu

Thanks...even used in issue #61 to promote  #62...but reversed.

IMG   LI'L ABNER PROMO FOR #62 (1948)  (200 dpi).jpg

Edited by Marty Mann

2 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Sweet!!!! It's a Centaur too, one of Jon's favorite collecting focal points!!! Well done!!!!  :applause::applause:. :applause:  

Thanks! My thoughts back then during the auction was I had to at least get a Larson and/or Centaur book (two factions of the hobby closely associated with Mr. Berk) from that auction.

20 minutes ago, sagii said:

Thanks! My thoughts back then during the auction was I had to at least get a Larson and/or Centaur book (two factions of the hobby closely associated with Mr. Berk) from that auction.

I couldn't agree more, as I got 2 Larsons and 2 Centaurs (now sold) and an Ace book which I will likely sell in the near future to pursue other books.

24 minutes ago, sagii said:

These are what I have left from my Berk auction winnings: 

Popular 57 7.5 ow-w Larson front.jpg

Popular 58 7.5 ow-w Larson front.jpg

super mystery v5 #6 front.jpg

3 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I couldn't agree more, as I got 2 Larsons and 2 Centaurs (now sold) and an Ace book which I will likely sell in the near future to pursue other books.

I originally was looking for a higher graded copy but this one popped up on Jimjum’s thread and presents so well I thought what the hell...

I’ve owned several now but really wanted this issue back. Other than #23 which I got years ago from Gator now these issues of a Torch won’t be leaving anytime soon...:cloud9: