• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Worth every penny (and the some) of the 3x guide I paid.

Just finished the title story...every bit as brutal as the cover. 893whatthe.gif

Definite cloud9.gif An interesting little piece of comic history, with how this issue figured into the Comics Code.

crimesuspen22.jpg

Great book! 893applaud-thumb.gif I sold my copy about a year ago and I miss it. I really need to pick up another one sometime.

I have to say though I don't see what all the fuss is about - that cover is well within the bounds of good taste... well, for a horror comic... that is, er... I mean... it's not like you can see the stump of her neck dripping blood with little dangling bits of flesh hanging off! Right? insane.gif

I have to say though I don't see what all the fuss is about - that cover is well within the bounds of good taste... well, for a horror comic... that is, er... I mean... it's not like you can see the stump of her neck dripping blood with little dangling bits of flesh hanging off! Right? insane.gif

27_laughing.gif

I agree....or see her headless body on the floor. Wait, isn't that blood coming out of her mouth?

Maybe a little. crazy.gif

Okay, I'll finally admit it....I was the undisclosed buyer of the Action #13 from Harley who, of course, acquired the book in Primetime's trade for his Tec #31. This copy has the "printing error" in the title logo, but it's not as distracting as one might think (actually looks like clouds in a blue sky to me! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif). The book's sharp colors, tight spine and great overall presentation more than make up for it IMO! cloud9.gif

My five-year search has ended...I'm just thrilled to have the 3rd highest graded copy yay.gif (at least, until Bangzoom slabs his...) gossip.gif

Great book and I don't think the printing error is that bad at all. Looks kind of cool actually.

Okay, I'll finally admit it....I was the undisclosed buyer of the Action #13 from Harley who, of course, acquired the book in Primetime's trade for his Tec #31. This copy has the "printing error" in the title logo, but it's not as distracting as one might think (actually looks like clouds in a blue sky to me! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif). The book's sharp colors, tight spine and great overall presentation more than make up for it IMO! cloud9.gif

My five-year search has ended...I'm just thrilled to have the 3rd highest graded copy yay.gif (at least, until Bangzoom slabs his...) gossip.gif

423653418_1dcf30cb2d_b.jpg

GE

Congrats Dino!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

be careful with that book around Billy Parker, he likes printing defects grin.gif

Worth every penny (and the some) of the 3x guide I paid.

Just finished the title story...every bit as brutal as the cover. 893whatthe.gif

Definite cloud9.gif An interesting little piece of comic history, with how this issue figured into the Comics Code.

crimesuspen22.jpg

Congrats, Andy! 893applaud-thumb.gif I know you've wanted a nice copy for while.

Lots of great purchases by board members lately. thumbsup2.gif

GE

be careful with that book around Billy Parker, he likes printing defects grin.gif

and i need an action! i'll take it; love the error.

GE

Wow the GA boards just keep getting better and better. Incredible books guys. 893applaud-thumb.gif

GE

Wow the GA boards just keep getting better and better. Incredible books guys. 893applaud-thumb.gif

cloud9.gif

spectacular pickup!

Thanks! White / off white pages to boot.

by the way, I have to say I was tempted to steal your CCS book when I saw it come in the mail to Jon...!

27_laughing.gif I gave myself a 50/50 shot of ever seeing it! Once you get a book that cool (and inexpensive) it's hard to part with it.

I offered him double what you paid gossip.gif

but Jon, being the upstanding gentleman he is, demanded triple cost before he would screw you like that. stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif

That's the Gentleman Jon code, baby... headbang.gif

I offered him double what you paid gossip.gif

but Jon, being the upstanding gentleman he is, demanded triple cost before he would screw you like that. stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif

That's the Gentleman Jon code, baby... headbang.gif

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

Surprising that Dave is able to generate multiples to guide on raw books in this CGC centric marketplace of ours. Dave provides a lot of detailed description on his raw books as compared to his CGC graded books. thumbsup2.gif

Based upon your past dealings with him, does he have a pretty sharp eye for restoration, since we already have one negative opinion from Steve C. with his infamous episode with the Adventure #60?

I'll give you some more negative opinions next time we meet, lou.

Although it sounded like CGC did side with Dave on this particular book as based upon their restoration check. confused.gif

Yup, the little guy loses again.

Not to steal anyone's joy, but I wonder how many of his books have had their potential "maximized" without any disclosure?

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

STEVE

Edited by sacentaur

I didn't even know you had daughter, much less that she was so pretty! You must have been beaming when you took that pic! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Alan! That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on the boards! My daughter is beaming about it too! I have been raising her by myself for quite a few years, so she is well versed in comic lore. grin.gif

I am also a full time single dad, but try as I might, my daughter has shown very little interest in comic books. It's good to see that yours enjoys them. thumbsup2.gif

I didn't even know you had daughter, much less that she was so pretty! You must have been beaming when you took that pic! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Alan! That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on the boards! My daughter is beaming about it too! I have been raising her by myself for quite a few years, so she is well versed in comic lore. grin.gif

I am also a full time single dad, but try as I might, my daughter has shown very little interest in comic books. It's good to see that yours enjoys them. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks OG. Sometimes she rolls her eyes, but overall it is something we enjoy together. cool.gif