• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Testing the scanner.....

Got these next few books in the last couple of months.

national3.jpg

nation3bc.jpg

fightingyank1.jpg

Got this in a trade from Ciorac. I know it has been around the block a few times, and I am pretty sure a number of forum folks have owned it (including Filter81), but I think it has found a home.

Your books look even better now that you have better scan capabilities... (thumbs u

Not to downgrade your books or anything...but should this book have received a 9.0 with that chip out of the FC???... :takeit:

fightingyank1.jpg

Got this in a trade from Ciorac. I know it has been around the block a few times, and I am pretty sure a number of forum folks have owned it (including Filter81), but I think it has found a home.

Not to downgrade your books or anything...but should this book have received a 9.0 with that chip out of the FC???... :takeit:

I actually thought the same thing, but the rest of the book is REALLY nice...to the point that maybe it compensated for the one (admittedly glaring) defect. On the otherhand, if it were on the back cover, we might be saying it was undergraded.

Geez Richard are you pulling these stunners out of a hat or something, my goodness.

I am pulling them out of somewhere, but I am not sure that this is the appropriate place to divulge that information.

Your books look even better now that you have better scan capabilities... (thumbs u

fightingyank1.jpg

Wonder if it was sent in today cracked out and without the Church notation what they would grade it as today. Not that its worth doing with this copy of course but I'd love to see a test sample of books with these types of defects and see how they are treated a second time around.

Geez Richard are you pulling these stunners out of a hat or something, my goodness.

I am pulling them out of somewhere, but I am not sure that this is the appropriate place to divulge that information.

well, whereever you are pulling them from, they are BEAUTS!

gator

fightingyank1.jpg

Wonder if it was sent in today cracked out and without the Church notation what they would grade it as today. Not that its worth doing with this copy of course but I'd love to see a test sample of books with these types of defects and see how they are treated a second time around.

9.4 (shrug)

well, whereever you are pulling them from, they are BEAUTS!

gator

Perhaps out of The Rocketeers asss... hm

Very cool group. Other than the Frazetta issues, were there only two Famous Funnies Buck Rogers covers?

Very cool group. Other than the Frazetta issues, were there only two Famous Funnies Buck Rogers covers?

Thanks guys -- It's been a fun run to put together...

Richard in answer to your question, yes 82 and 117 are the only real (non-Fritz) Buck Rogers covers, although he appears with all the other Famous Funnies characters on a couple of anniversary issues -- 100 and I think 144. (thumbs u

Jeff

That is amazing. As far as I am concerned, Buck was the best thing in FF. Obviously tastes have changed, but if there were more Buck Rogers covers I would think there would be more collector interest in the title as a whole (and not just the early issues for their historical importance and 209 - 216 for the obvious reasons). Thanks again for posting them Jeff.

A couple of books that I have been embarrassed to post.

(Hello Timely Geeks. My name is Richard and I am a closet DC collector...)

action76.jpg