• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,451 posts in this topic

the boys at ponscon know how stoked I was to get this book!

caamf-1.jpg

Congratulations, Rick. :applause:

I love that issue, too.

Here's some pages from it.

The first appearance of Fantom of the Fair by Paul Gustavson.

fantom.jpg

Air-Sub DX by Carl Burgos

amfv2n7borgos.jpg

The C-20 Mystery by Bill Everett

amfv2n7everett.jpg

caamf-1.jpg

He sure was. In fact, he was so excited he actually stepped away from my computer, where he was bidding on and buying comics non-stop, for five whole minutes to celebrate :banana:

caamf-1.jpg

Congratulations, Rick. :applause:

I love that issue, too.

Here's some pages from it.

The first appearance of Fantom of the Fair by Paul Gustavson.

fantom.jpg

Air-Sub DX by Carl Burgos

amfv2n7borgos.jpg

The C-20 Mystery by Bill Everett

amfv2n7everett.jpg

outstanding BZ, thanks! P. Gustavson is one of my Fav artists of the GA...I love Everett too (and burgos is nothing to sneeze at either)...I am working on buying a low grade "reader" copy, but if you will just scan the rest, you will save me the effort :baiting:

caamf-1.jpg

He sure was. In fact, he was so excited he actually stepped away from my computer, where he was bidding on and buying comics non-stop, for five whole minutes to celebrate :banana:

I figured better for me to throw money at a comic, than at the poker table (where I was sure to loose!)

Did Paul Reinmann actually do that cover? Isn't that they guy that did the kreppy ink job all over Kirby's inks on the first issues of The X-men?

Very sweet book!

R.

:gossip: I doubt it seeing as it is signed by LUCEY right in the middle of the cover :screwy:

caamf-1.jpg

and how well we knew he was stoked; we were getting a clock elapsing play-by-play that put apollo missions' ground control to shame. all while i was trying to concentrate on poker. i think we were happier that he won that he was because he finally shut up.

but it is a beauty, isn't it?

I just blew most of my Clink, HA, and Wondercon money on this one. This is a book I have wanted for awhile and was too good a deal to pass up :)

phpThumbphp.jpg

cheese and rice!!!!!!!! man, what a book. way to go Ronaldo.

here is another AMF I am stoked about!

sfamf-1.jpg

Where were you on "S' night when we needed you! :frustrated:

now that the run thru "W" is complete, any ol' letter will do; get that bad boy on the p'gree thread gator.

that zoot is a hoot

You should see the interior on that one! It's amazing what you can do with a rope, a stake and a bamboo shoot. Oh, and a girl.

maybe I will get to sneak a peak at one :)

now, did you mean you want to sneak a "peek" or, since we're talking about a girl, is it a peak peek you seek, geek?

that zoot is a hoot

You should see the interior on that one! It's amazing what you can do with a rope, a stake and a bamboo shoot. Oh, and a girl.

now, did you mean you want to sneak a "peek" or, since we're talking about a girl, is it a peak peek you seek, geek?

hm good point...I prefer to peek a peek at the peaks, though, as a geek, I do seek a peek any time of the week

Did Paul Reinmann actually do that cover? Isn't that they guy that did the kreppy ink job all over Kirby's inks on the first issues of The X-men?

Very sweet book!

R.

:gossip: I doubt it seeing as it is signed by LUCEY right in the middle of the cover :screwy:

I saw that scrooge, but the slab label says Paul did the cover and interior art. That's why I was asking.

:screwy:

:baiting:

Very sweet book!

R.

I saw that scrooge, but the slab label says Paul did the cover and interior art. That's why I was asking.

:screwy:

:baiting:

You should direct your gripe to CGC and whoever was drunk while typing in the label :baiting:

I just blew most of my Clink, HA, and Wondercon money on this one. This is a book I have wanted for awhile and was too good a deal to pass up :)

phpThumbphp.jpg

That book has it all! First, it's a Hangman...second, it has a classic Harry Lucey cover...third...it's a SanFrancisco copy and fourth, it has great stories with off-white pages. Extraordinary!

that zoot is a hoot

hm good point...I prefer to peek a peek at the peaks, though, as a geek, I do seek a peek any time of the week

Who let Crumb's Ruff Tuff Creampuff in here?

Jack

takin' no guff

that zoot is a hoot

Jack

takin' no guff

while strutting his stuff....

that zoot is a hoot

Jack

takin' no guff

alright, that's enuff.

phpThumbphp.jpg

That book has it all! First, it's a Hangman...second, it has a classic Harry Lucey cover...third...it's a SanFrancisco copy and fourth, it has great stories with off-white pages. Extraordinary!

Forget the heroes, it's all about the girl in the tube :cloud9:

that zoot is a hoot

Jack

takin' no guff

alright, that's enuff.

I cannot bluff, whilest dancing in the buff, that I am quite gruff, while shaving my scruff