• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB FF#48 VF/NM or higher

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I would like to purchase a non-restored FF #48 in VF/NM or higher. CGC is okay as long as it isn't the price of a car (I have no CGC comics yet). I can pay via PayPal or M/O (I prefer PayPal due to bad eBay experience with M/O). I am in the Army so I'm not rich, but I am expecting a TDY check between the 20-25th of January. I can also work out payment plans if that's acceptable..

Thanks for your time

Thomas Drew

Problem is Thomas is that people aren't going to want to turn loose of a VF/NM copy just yet.

You're better off waiting until about 4-6 months AFTER the next movie comes out. If you buy one before the movie you're going to pay an arm and a leg for one and we need you to keep all of your limbs to make sure we find that 893censored-thumb.gif Osama!

Okay thanks, I didn't think of it that way...I have been out collecting for 24 years. Uncanny X-men/Byrne & FM DDs were the big thing when I (was forced to ) quit collecting. I actually used to have two high grade copies of every issue in a straight run from #36 to 242 of FF (I never had #1 though, #3 was the lowest I had). Anyone ever see any issues from the PORTLAND CITY DUMP PEDIGREE??? They were mine if so...

Okay thanks, I didn't think of it that way...I have been out collecting for 24 years. Uncanny X-men/Byrne & FM DDs were the big thing when I (was forced to ) quit collecting. I actually used to have two high grade copies of every issue in a straight run from #36 to 242 of FF (I never had #1 though, #3 was the lowest I had). Anyone ever see any issues from the PORTLAND CITY DUMP PEDIGREE??? They were mine if so...

Somewhere a garbageman is slabbing.... 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif27_laughing.gif

Welcome to the Boards!

Sure, I started seriously collecting when I was 9 years old (around late 75-early 76). I got into it because my neighbor who was 17 and I looked up to him (Howard) was an avid collector. He taught me how to handle & read carefully and how to determine a grade...I started buying two issues of every title off the rack with my meager $5.00 a week allowance. I also mowed lawns (about $20-30 bucks a week) and worked PT at a small comic shop, cleaning up, stocking issues & supplies, and helping out any odd jobs. When I got older, of course my money increased. For that I was awarded $25 bucks a month in store credit. I bought high grade back issues for next to nothing and put them in poly bags and left them alone (when I wanted to read them I went to the supermarket and read the bent up copies). For the next 6 years I spent 90% of my income buying comics at the 4 different comic stores. My favorite title was ASM. I had every issue from #1 was about F/VF, the rest VF or better. I had duplicates from issue 12 up to issue 229, with everything from issue #25 and up VF or better. I had bought AF #15 in a solid VF from the comic store owner in 1977 for 48 dollars (He had 4 high grade issues of his own); FF I had issues 3, 4, 8-22, 25, 28, 30, 32, issue 36-up to issue 242 (in dupes); UXM I had issues #4 -12, 16, 19-21, 27, 29, 33 up to # 165 (dupes from issue 49 up) Hulk I had 4,5,6 (original series - about F cond. I could never find any higher grades, even at a convention), and TTA 49-98; IH 102-226 (yes I had dupes of the wolvie issues); Every Conan issue through # 100 (most in HG some MG), DD #6, 7, 27, 48 up to 190; Avengers I only had #57, 89-100 & #125 (2) ANN #2; All the Captain Marvels including MSH 12-13, Every Warlock, ST 161-182, Every Star Wars, Micronauts, Marvel Fanfare, ROM(Yes, ROM), Godzilla, Ghost Riders, Marvel Spotlight, Marvel Team Up, Marvel 2 in 1; Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Marvel Premiere, Chamber of Chills, I wasnt a big DC fan but I loved Bernie Wrightson & Neal Adams so I had Swamp Thing 1-10, HOS assorted Adams/Wrightson issues, HOM Adams/Kaluta, Detective Comics & Batmans a bunch of the Adams issues. I also like Marshall Rogers so I had a few of those as well. I had a couple of the old GLs by Neal Adams (The one with the crucifixion cover & speedy drug issue). New Teen Titans 1-24...And thats all I can think of off of the top of my head. I get physically ill when I think of it, and havent spoken 12 words to my stepdad in 22 years since I ran away from home (He threw away all of my comics in 1983; said in his great widom that "they were a waste of money on never going to be worth anything"...anyways that's my tale of woe. I will be retiring from the Army in a year or so, and it would have been nice to sell all of them off for let's see a HOUSE MAYBE????lol anyways, here's to starting over again purely for the love of the hobby and the works of literary and artistic greatness they may never get the full credit for...

>> He threw away all of my comics in 1983

I wonder how many thousands of kids have the same kind of story? It happened

to both me and my older brother! And my older brother's collection was from

the early 1950s!!!

Oh well -- sorry about your loss djpinkpanther67, but at least you've got

a great story.

cheers,

gozer

-------------------------------------------

Heh heh heh, I did it! Second in line, and all I had to do was

miss eight days of work.