• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FREAKIN' THOUGHTLESS POSTAL CARRIERS!!!

33 posts in this topic

I must say that my normal postal carrier is an absolute delight. If I'm not home when she comes with a package, she normally stops back by if she passes by the house and sees my car there later in the day. If I'm not home and the package won't fit in the mailbox, she puts it inside my storm door on the side of my house. If it won't fit in the storm door, she puts it on the side of my house under the overhang to protect against rain and inside of a plastic bag.

However, when my normal carrier has the day off, I pray to the Postal Gods that I don't get any packages too big to fit in the mailbox. My front door has no overhang, so if they leave it there and it rains...I'm hosed. About two years ago, I happened to come home for lunch one day, and what did I find? $1200 worth of unslabbed comics in a Priority Mail box sitting on the front stoop. No plastic, no attempt to stick it behind the storm door, no leaving it on the side where it wouldn't get wet. Had I not happened to have come home for lunch that day, I would've been out $1200, because it rained in BUCKETS in the mid-afternoon that day.

Today, I came home to find that the Postal Gods were not smiling upon me. There was a big box on my front stoop...and it had rained so hard ALL day that people were driving at 5-10 MPH on Interstate 95 where the speed limit is 55-65! The box was a soggy mess, but luckily, this was a custom statue that was packed on the interior in very thick bubble wrap, so the statue was completely dry with no paint damage. And get this...the carrier left all my mail on top of the package on my porch and not in the mailbox!!! It was three junk mailers I didn't care about, but one of them was the next Heritage catalog--RUINED!!!

Anyway...this is the second time I've almost lost a wad of cash to the post office. What the heck can I do about this?!?!?! By the way, the statue I got was LOVELY...it's a bootleg Magneto statue from the same Brazilian artist who made Andrew Knight's Black Panther statue. Check it out:

i-6_B_L.JPG

Complain LOUDLY to the regional USPS office - that's the biggest post office around (in Northern Virginia, for example, its the Merrifield one). Go there and sit in the Postmaster's office, and BRING the ruined items with you. Generally be hardcore on them.

where are you guys getting all these bootleg Brazilian statues from? Uber kick-[!@#%^&^] molding them suckers have.

E-Bay. Although the seller got NARU'ed yesterday!!! I also bought these two from the same guy and hope I still get them now that the guy's account is toast:

i-6_B_L.JPG

i-2_B_L.JPG

Complain LOUDLY to the regional USPS office - that's the biggest post office around (in Northern Virginia, for example, its the Merrifield one). Go there and sit in the Postmaster's office, and BRING the ruined items with you. Generally be hardcore on them.

Do you think the regional office is best? I was thinking the one for my zip code would be the place to go so that the supervisors can talk directly to the carriers who would be delivering to me.

You need to move to the north side of the river then,...cause my mailman is the best in Richmond...if he doesn't see my truck outside he will try back again at the end of his route.......luckily I have a full length front porch so even when i'm not home he stashes it behind one of the columns....and that was a nasty storm today, your absolutely right...if those were books they would be glop.

J.D.

You need to move to the north side of the river then,...cause my mailman is the best in Richmond...if he doesn't see my truck outside he will try back again at the end of his route.......luckily I have a full length front porch so even when i'm not home he stashes it behind one of the columns....and that was a nasty storm today, your absolutely right...if those were books they would be glop.

Your mailman has to take a vacation, and I bet these some of these fill-in carriers work multiple zip codes. So don't be surprised if you get the one I got today...and if there are more than 2 steps up to your porch...don't be surprised if this one doesn't feel like climbing them!!! 27_laughing.gif

That is a really nice Juggernaut.

It's absolutely incredible. It only has one problem that I can see--his torso is too small for the rest of his body and smaller than Juggernaut is typically portrayed. His pectorals are the same width as his biceps! I figured they did this to save on the cost of materials. However, the expressiveness and incredible detail everywhere else on the piece more than make up for that one deficiency.

Part of me wants to feel guilty about buying unlicensed statues...but the other part of me is perturbed enough at the lack of quality material coming from Diamond Select ever since they got the Marvel statue license in lieu of Bowen. I guess some of the busts are decent, but from the perspective of a full-size statue fan like myself, that was one big bonehead move on Marvel's part so far. The only decent statue that's come out of that license is the Art Asylum Hulk statue; the rest have been mediocre or worse.

Nah..ain't gonna happen.....I live in Sherwood Park...it's a classy neighborhood..... it's not like it is in the ghetto on the southside.

Here only a year and already acting like a north-of-the-river rear! mad.giftongue.gif

I must say that my normal postal carrier is an absolute delight.

That's funny you say that... My normal carrier is cool too. Go figure that there would be two of them!

Today, I came home to find that the Postal Gods were not smiling upon me. There was a big box on my front stoop...and it had rained so hard ALL day that people were driving at 5-10 MPH on Interstate 95 where the speed limit is 55-65!

Dude! Move to California. It never rains here!!!

Know what you mean!

My normal mailguy for years and years was/is a comic dealer (on eBay too).

He always took care of my packages knowing how valuable some might be.

He retired last Winter.

I could always tell when he was on vacation.

Everything was all jammed in and crushed... 893whatthe.gif

FF,

I know what you mean about the postal service being a [!@#%^&^] shoot...which is why I learned when I was big into toys, that a PO BOX is the way to go. This minor inconvience has saved me so much in terms of aggrevation. I work nights and can't always get to the post office on a regular basis, yet I know that the book that I have been waiting for is sitting there with minimal handling....And when it comes to ungraded stuff, there is less chance of being mishandled, less persons involved...And if something comes "registered" and I'm not home to sign, i don't have to worry...there is a tiny slip in my box. Just my two cents....