• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The wrong feedback???

4 posts in this topic

Today I received this positive feedback:

Excellent communication and ultra-fast payment! Highly recommended ebayer!

Sure, that's nice. (I usually communicate excellently, pay fast and am often a recommended eBayer.)

But here's the funny part, I was the seller and this guy was the buyer! Anyone else ever get or give backwards feedback?

I was doing a mass feedback the other day, and not paying much attention, it's true. I knew who was getting 'variant' feedback (the non-fast pay, etc) but the rest were all good sales with fast pay, so I was using a cut and paste remark.

After blasting through several, I hit the confirm button on the next one and my eye saw something crazy as it disappeared. I panicked because I couldn't remember if I'd copied something else in the middle of this (I answered an email halfway through) and was busy copying and pasting some bizarre nonsequitor in all those feedback slots.

Huge sigh of relief as I saw that the feedback was okay. Just a trick of the eye seeing the 'crazy' (I'm fairly certain I was looking at a line on the form, not in the feedback itself). But man, scared me good. I was not looking forward to fixing that mess.

-- Joanna