• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon April 14-15, 2007

161 posts in this topic

On behalf of the Virtual Comicon Commitee, we'd like to announce the second CGC Boards Virtual Comicon, now expanded to two days. The show will take place on Saturday and Sunday April 14 and 15, from 6-12 PM EDT, in the marketplace section. We will be setting up a thread in the section on Friday, April 13th - when we do that, please feel free to post your books in the thread.

As we did in the last one, please only have one post per person in the Convention Hall. This worked out much better than I thought last time, and allowed for a true convention experience, with all sorts of product being represented.

We'll also have a discussion thread for people to talk about the great buys they're getting, and for sellers to be able to note that they've added new product.

There are a couple of rules for this:

1) All items for sale must have either an image OR grades (in the case of a large lot of books). Photobucket works very well, if you haven't used it and need a tutorial, either do a search for the last time or PM Sckao.

2) Any and all sellers are welcome. This includes ALL dealers and ALL other sellers.

3) That being said, any books sold during the Virtual Comicon can ONLY be for sale in the thread - NO websites, NO ebay, nothing.

4) Unfortunately, and I'm not happy we have to say this, but sales prices must be honored or that person is banned from all further online shows.

Great news and the "rules' couldn't be easier to understand, too!!

yes - six to midnight, both days. thumbsup2.gif

Huh? How are the off-hours supposed to work? We're not supposed to post to the thread Sunday morning or afternoon, or send/receive PMs about the books during those times? confused.gif

Huh? How are the off-hours supposed to work? We're not supposed to post to the thread Sunday morning or afternoon, or send/receive PMs about the books during those times? confused.gif

You can do whatever you want, I suppose. Booths would be "closed" but we can't prevent selling from happening. Much like a regular show! thumbsup2.gif

You can do whatever you want, I suppose. Booths would be "closed" but we can't prevent selling from happening. Much like a regular show! thumbsup2.gif

How are the booths going to be "closed" - is the thread going to be locked between Sat midnight and Sun 6 PM? I agree w/Zonker, doesn't make much sense... confused-smiley-013.gif

Anybody can do whatever they want, actually. No threads will be locked, no individuals will be run out of the building for trying to sell offline. Self policing is probably the best way to go.

All I can do is ask people not to sell their stuff between midnight Saturday night and 6 PM Sunday night. I personally won't sell anything between those times, and I hope other sellers don't either, but if you want to sell your product offline, I can't stop you.

I would hope that sellers will update their "booths" between days.

I just hope there are some more $2-3 books in there form somebody. Please don't leave us cheapskates hanging! thumbsup2.gif

Sounds good. I had a great time at the last one hail.gif

I'll try and include a nice $2 section. I have about 12 boxes of VG-VF (mostly bronze, but some silver all priced at $2 each), so you "cheapskates" let me know what you want to see. poke2.gif

Anybody can do whatever they want, actually. No threads will be locked, no individuals will be run out of the building for trying to sell offline. Self policing is probably the best way to go.

All I can do is ask people not to sell their stuff between midnight Saturday night and 6 PM Sunday night. I personally won't sell anything between those times, and I hope other sellers don't either, but

if you want to sell your product offline, I can't stop you.

I would hope that sellers will update their "booths" between days.

what about overseas boarders ? 6pm midnight means midnight 6 am here confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

I just hope there are some more $2-3 books in there form somebody. Please don't leave us cheapskates hanging! thumbsup2.gif

I'll try and include a nice $2 section. I have about 12 boxes of VG-VF (mostly bronze, but some silver all priced at $2 each), so you "cheapskates" let me know what you want to see. poke2.gif

This cheapskate would enjoy seeing bronze Marvel, early bronze DC, digests, Treasuries, magazines, oddball items... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sure whatever you put out will be dandy. (Comics, I mean. insane.gif)

I got your back buddy! thumbsup2.gif

Me too. Actually, that's about all I will probably have up; a section of $5, $3, $2 and $1 books. Maybe a list of $.50 ones too.

acclaim.gif

I'll be listing anywhere from 1,000 - 2,000 books in large lots and complete runs of Bronze age Captain America, FF, Daredevils, Conan in the VG/F to NM- range...so they're be plenty of good deals !!! thumbsup2.gif

I better get started on my booth now crazy.gif

This cheapskate would enjoy seeing bronze Marvel, early bronze DC, digests, Treasuries, magazines, oddball items... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was too swamped with other things to get a booth up last time. Lots of notice on this one. Gonna try & have a little of everything. Comics, toys, Mags, Treasury books, cartoons on DVD.....maybe even some lite-brite refills & such from the 70's thumbsup2.gif

Awesome!

More time to prepare and dig through boxes to get some goodies up!

I had a good time at the last event. Hopefully with more notice, this one will set the bar!

John thumbsup2.gif

I was too swamped with other things to get a booth up last time. Lots of notice on this one. Gonna try & have a little of everything. Comics, toys, Mags, Treasury books, cartoons on DVD.....maybe even some lite-brite refills & such from the 70's thumbsup2.gif

The Force will be with you... always... cloud9.gifheadbang.gif