• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ITS A CARTOON CORNUCOPIA! 25 COMICS CURRENTLY LISTED ON EBAY!

2 posts in this topic

Description (revised)

A special thanks to all CGC Forumites who have participated in my previous auctions. It is a real joy to satisfy your needs and I really appreciate your kind feedback. Its been a couple months since my last auction in November 2006.

Lately, I have been thinking about my initial introduction into the world of comics. In 1964 (when I was 7), I started clipping the comics from the local newspaper and made my own "comic books" by glueing them onto multi-colored sheets of constuction paper. In time, I bought older strips from local dealers, noteably Don Puff. It was a year or two later, when I walked into the local drugstore that I discovered the spinner rack of "ready made" books, which at that time, I thought were made just for me! In the mid-1970s, when I attended my first comic book convention, the early newspaper reprint books were the most coveted, surpassing even the Superhero ones like Captain America and Superman. How things have changed! Thankfully, Ebay has this Cartoon Character category to recognize this genre of comics. There seems to be some confusion on which titles belong here since there is also a Funny Animal category with the likes of Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse, who certainly are also Cartoon Characters. My guess is that if they appeared in the cartoons (Newspaper or Movie/TV); this is the right category - provided they are not animal-related. In a week or so, I will also be listing over 100 Golden Age Funny Animal comics.

With this in mind, I have pruned my collection, and have come up with a dozen or so very cool Cartoon Character related comics. All clean collectible copies with nice cover color/gloss and supple paper. As always, no reserve and starting at 99 cents. Enjoy!

EBAY LISTINGS (rcsage)