• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do, what to do...

26 posts in this topic

Seeing as how there seems to be a number of Ebay questions tonight, I have one of my own.

I recently had 2 auctions end last Sunday that were won by the same person:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2184670656&category=32750&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2184669704&category=32767&rd=1

He contacted me, before I sent out my invoice (which is a good sign), and told me he would have the money in his paypal account by August 1st. I told him that was not a problem.

Well, since then he was NARU'ed (not by me of course), and I have had no contact from him. My question is, should I give him another week or relist the book? Or maybe do a private deal.

Since he did contact me and said he would pay, does that mean I have an obligation to hold the books for him? Is this "contract" null and void with him not being a registered user anymore? Does anyone know what Ebay says about this?

Help! confused.gif

what exactly does NARU stand for?

I gather from its usage on these boards, that it means" kicked off ebay and account frozen/cancelled," but I cant figure out the anagram!

That is pretty much what it means. It stands for Not A Registered User.

I gather from its usage on these boards, that it means" kicked off ebay and account frozen/cancelled," but I cant figure out the anagram!

rookie 27_laughing.gif

You want a piece of me????

ok then.. no harm no foul.

but if eBay cancels you, or NARUs you, that description doesnt really accurately describe someone who has had their eBay priveleges removed, does it. It should just state that that account has been cancelled for ebay infractions. "Not a registered user" sounds more like you types a user name that just dosnt exist in their database.

rookie 27_laughing.gif

You want a piece of me????

Hey, hijack someone elses post, will you guys??? grin.gif

Simply...you have no obligation to this buyer...the ball is in your court... wink.gif

Can they not petition Ebay to get reinstated??? If so, what then?

He got NARU'd for not following the rules according to ebay thus all tranactions are nullified... wink.gif

If he gets reinstated then he can start bidding anew... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif