• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Call me crazy. I jumped on the Cap 25 bandwagon!

49 posts in this topic

(Just don't call me surely) I luckily got four issues of Captain America 25 (2 of each cover) for cover price and just paid $60 on ebay for the Wizard World variant. I know, I'm crazy, but dag nabit, I missed out on Superman's death craze and I am not gonna miss out on this! Who cares if this book will drop to the dollar bin next year, I am liking this cool sensation. I love seeing this book go for over $70 on ebay, and that's just for the regular covers. I'm thinking of selling one of my sets if prices continue to go up over the next week. I've never seen a craze like this in a long time, of course I only restarted collecting comics last august, but still. Sometimes going with the flow can be fun. insane.gifmakepoint.gif

(Just don't call me surely) I luckily got four issues of Captain America 25 (2 of each cover) for cover price and just paid $60 on ebay for the Wizard World variant. I know, I'm crazy, but dag nabit, I missed out on Superman's death craze and I am not gonna miss out on this! Who cares if this book will drop to the dollar bin next year, I am liking this cool sensation. I love seeing this book go for over $70 on ebay, and that's just for the regular covers. I'm thinking of selling one of my sets if prices continue to go up over the next week. I've never seen a craze like this in a long time, of course I only restarted collecting comics last august, but still. Sometimes going with the flow can be fun. insane.gifmakepoint.gif

I jumped on it as well.

I just listed my copy on ebay

I'll wait 10 years like I did the Superman craze and pick it up for a $1.50 ( adjusted for inflation 10 years from now. ) Just like I picked up all the Supes poly bag *spoon* this year for 50 cents. It's modern... it'll never hold it's price more then 3 months.. do Super duper Civil War variants sound familar in 9.8 a9.9 ... oh wait.. get it signed too sleeping.gif

I jumped on it as well.

You and 349 others. makepoint.gif

Cap # 25 on eBay

poke2.gif

If it sells Bonus..

If it dont I keep it..No skin off my back.

But if some poor sap want to pay stupid money why shouldn't I get my slice of the pie

My 1st set went BIN $40, My Second Set went BIN $60, both of those before 3pm this afternoon. I have never seen that sort of frenzy in my life. Not even the Death of Superman had such a frenzy because everyone knew long in advance it was coming. This was out of no where. I have one left that is up now. I read it , its OK, but nothing I need to keep.

I jumped on it as well.

Cap # 25 on eBay

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif Haven't seen a frenzy this bad since the 90s. Who says you can never go back?

The Death of Superman was the start of the 90s crash...could this be the start of the 21st Century version?

Jim

I jumped on it as well.

Cap # 25 on eBay

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif Haven't seen a frenzy this bad since the 90s. Who says you can never go back?

The Death of Superman was the start of the 90s crash...could this be the start of the 21st Century version?

Jim

So, how long was it between Death of Superman and the meltdown? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This was just crazy!

One of my LCS (Westfield... associated in some fashion with the Westfield mailorder business) was out by around lunch or thereabouts... and they were limiting them, too.

Usually, they have stacks of "sold-out" books (and even stuff that goes through the roof on eBay)... but not Cap 25.

I guess JoeQ will be laughing all the way to the bank on this and further say an FU to those six guys on the internet.

Do you at least find out who the sniper was??

Yes, should I tell??????????

of course... no one is really going to read a modern poke2.gif

Tell him who sniper is

The sniper didnt kill him...

someone else close to him did

R.O.T.FL.M.A.O.!!!!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif Ok just for that I will.

SPOILER ALERT!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

The sniper is Crossbones.

Tell him who sniper is

oh that's just garbage.. they're putting a JFK conspiracy spin to it... and love the US army's ad on the back... 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

Tell him who sniper is

oh that's just garbage.. they're putting a JFK conspiracy spin to it... and love the US army's ad on the back... 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

Not really you DO learn who, and it IS a shocker!!!!

I listed mine one of mine on Ebay too. I read the story and have mixed feelings about it. I have to say it wasn't that great. It wasn't bad though. That is if you look at it as a self-contained story. However in the midst of Marvel history and lore, seeing Captain America "die" is just stupid because we all know its just not going to happen int he end. They'll have Eternity ressurect him or something. But, like I said as a self-contained story isn't not bad. The only loophole was how did nobody see her with a pistol when she shot Cap? Was it an invisible pistol? Is Invisible Woman in on this gag? Plus, it is a loud "BLAST". How could nobody notice what direction the noise came from? Other then that the story was okay. The art was good.

And as many have menioned, this is a copycat of Superman's "death" in the early 90's. One of the events which is traditionally noted as greatly helping the crash of the 90's comic industry.

I got my copy today. I'm going to read it then all my Brubaker Caps (almost all my Caps) are going on eBay. Killing Captain America as a marketing ploy ticks me off. I was around for Superman and the subsequent Batman/Bane books and overall, I find the whole thing cheap and weak.

Plus, one of my big want-list books is coming up for auction on Heritage in the next few months and I would rather have that than a bunch of modern Captain Americas. I could use the $$$ this frenzy brings.