• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know someone who has just inherited 1,500 comics

43 posts in this topic

You know........ 1500 80s marvels, there's bound to be something that is worth *something*. If he was a marvel zombie then chances are pretty good he had spiderman, x-men, wolverine limited, punisher limited etc. Those books aren't worth a mint, but they have some value, and for all we know there is a TMNT 1 or something in there. Highly unlikely, I know, but the attitude on this thread reminds me of the attitude that people had 10 years towards 70s books, ie that all 70s books were pure garbage, intrinsically common and worth nothing. You can't paint an entire *decade* in broad strokes like this!!

Bottom line is no matter what era we're talking about, an inventory is Job #1. Arch, write 'em all down, and post the list.

I'm willing to bet that anybody that was collecting 80s marvels in the 80s has a full set of mcfarlane spidermans or something otherwise worthwhile buried in there.