• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Here is my little corner of comicdom (and gaming)

IMG_2908.jpg

The big gap on the wall is waiting for an SS book to arrive so I can frame it with the original cover art and fill in that spot.

IMG_2909.jpg

Marvin has been hanging out there for about 7 years.

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

The Marc Wolfe signed prints are kind of out of place now but my wife had them framed for me so I think Ill keep them for a while longer.

IMG_2913.jpg

I plan on having a custom comic storage cabinet for below the big empty space so I can lose the white boses. Also, I am looking for a nice antique desk because that massive desk is just too big for me. I'm kind of minimlist with regard to furniture and I have a thing for antiques.

At least you got to keep your books! (thumbs u

She didn't like comics and was probably happier to get rid of them than to get rid of me.

The bright side is that I'm now dating someone who likes comics and who is buying her son DC war comics as an incentive for him to do his homework.

:o

Two words... LUCKY GUY!

I go to bed with a little prayer each night asking to find the "one" who likes/collects/puts up with comics!

It would be awesome to have a helper as well. My last girl was somewhat into them. too bad she was a complete nut job and had to be kicked to the curb! I am currently in a "long distance" relationship that I cannot really consider a relationship! She is like 2500 miles away and I see a couple times a year. Although she is the perfect girl for me, it just cannot work the way it is. I don't want to move from the West Coast and it would be a difficult move for her as kids in play. It really is too bad as she is 1) dual citizen (US/CAN), 2) into comics and would dress up for shows to get the "fan boys" over, 3) pretty darned hot! Oh well... not the thread for relationship woes!!! doh!

I am glad to see this thread I created a few years ago alive and well. I am currently working on my latest comic room... or shall I say "house". Being a bachelor again has given me the opportunity to showcase stuff wherever I want. I am lovin' it! I have been on the road for the last 8 of 10 months and haven't been able to spend any time on it. I haven't even really unlocked the door to the room! However, I am planning on going on sick leave for a few months as my health isn't the greatest and I need a break. I plan to take FULL ADVANTAGE of the time. Plus, dad (the other half of "TheComicGuys") is coming out on the 18th. That is incentive enough to get cracking and get the room shaped up for him, as he will be spending 80% of his trip in it! It's really cool to still have the 'ol man play a big part in the comic collecting thing with me. We started as a father/son thing almost 30 years ago.

Enough...

Keep 'em coming folks!

John :hi:

I'm still a begginer (i've been reading comics for 2 years now but I've only started collecting them four months ago).

I hope someday I'll have a comic book room as everybody else in this thread:D

tips are welcome xD

Helpful Tips 101:

1. Get permission from your wife/girlfriend to occupy a designated room.

2. Proceed to fill with comics.

WTTB! :hi:

Alternate method:

1. Get divorced.

2. Buy house with extra bedroom.

3. Proceed to fill with comics.

Admittedly, this is a drastic method with long-ranging emotional and financial consequences, but it seems to have worked well for me this last year.

You forgot to tell him that he sleeps and eats in the extra bedroom, the rest of the house is filled with comics ...

FYI: Lowe's has heavy duty storage shelves on sale this weekend (regularly $77, $45 on sale). I'm not a Lowe's employee but saw similar shelving on a previous post and perhaps someone may be interested. I bought two today. They seem to be perfect for 16-20 short boxes per unit.

FYI: Lowe's has heavy duty storage shelves on sale this weekend (regularly $77, $45 on sale). I'm not a Lowe's employee but saw similar shelving on a previous post and perhaps someone may be interested. I bought two today. They seem to be perfect for 16-20 short boxes per unit.

Hey, which ones are they? The stainless ones with 5 shelves??? :wishluck:

Thanks!

John (thumbs u

I don't think they are stainless. But they do have the five shelves and particle board base on each shelf. I believe I will be able to get five short boxes on each shelf. The shelving weighs over 100 pounds, so it is heavy duty.

These shelves are perfect for holding 4 shortboxes per shelf. Along the top shelf I can get one extra box (13 across). They come with 5 shelves, but having them that high was just to oppressive in the small room(plus it took up wall space I'd rather use to hang art). So I only used half of the shelving in here and the rest in the garage.

90162.jpg.95b98817c0be6af2189181cf4baedc92.jpg

90163.jpg.f72e9d34818efd23516728d89dd1d8e0.jpg

Awesome rooms, my room will now be exticnt. It will be moved to a closet, the hulk den shall be transformed to the baby room :(
NOOOooOOOOooo