• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

I doubt that I will ever have as much as you guys but my wall is steadily growing. Yes, I know that Aquaman is not level, but I'm moving out in 2 months, so I didn't think it was really that big of a deal for everything to be level.

2013-05-15125705_zps082ad738.jpg

Edited by Tuffy

I doubt that I will ever have as much as you guys but my wall is steadily growing. Yes, I know that Aquaman is not level, but I'm moving out in 2 months, so I didn't think it was really that big of a deal for everything to be level.

I like the super man one in the middle : (thumbs u

Nice set up, Tuffy! What kind of dog is that?

I'm obsessed with getting an English Bulldog, but I can't get one yet so my mom taunts me by sending me a bunch of cards with pictures of them.

We got a french bulldog, not as big as the English, but a lot of the same personality traits

photo-2.jpg

Thanks everyone, glad you like it!

man that is AWESOME. I was just in Quebec 2 days ago and you didn't invite me to see that great room! Very impressed.

lol!!! Totally forgot, next time ;)

The swords are a nice touch.....

Thanks! This is my little martial art place with a frame poster of Shi on the wall. I wanted to place others things there like my others Marvel Statues but I think I will keep it that way.

Maybe some or you wonder what I use to hold my CGC comics on the wall? In my comic room, I got something similar as heymikesays for placing them on the wall.

I have go to a home improvement specialty retailer (Rona or Home Depot) and while searching for someting in the house building department, I found this :

cgcwall02.gif

cgcwall01.gif

cgcwall03.gif

This is PVC and 8 feet long. It was perfect for REGULAR CGC comics case size. But for my Silver Surfer #4, the case don't fit since the case is larger.

I also simply brought some tape that can stick to both side and that's all. Really easy to do and not very costly.

It is an amazing room mate!

I don't think I could bring myself to trust the tape! Especially in my climate :ohnoez:

It is an amazing room mate!

I don't think I could bring myself to trust the tape! Especially in my climate :ohnoez:

Thanks a lot!

As for the tape, me also and just to be sure I add some nails. One in the middle and one at each side :)

My meager little CGC collection so far:

f4DeGdw.jpg

You can see how far behind I am on my weekly floppies lol

Nice! You a big Thor fan. :applause:

When are you getting a copy of Journey into Mystery 83? (thumbs u

Thanks Ryan. You can just make out my HC/TPB collection behind Lost Vegas and UFF. In fact, you can see X-Statix peeking out from behind Lost Vegas. I have around 20-25 of them right now, need to take a pic of those too. The raw comics are boring, those are just in short boxes.

My meager little CGC collection so far:

f4DeGdw.jpg

You can see how far behind I am on my weekly floppies lol

Nice! You a big Thor fan. :applause:

When are you getting a copy of Journey into Mystery 83? (thumbs u

You should get that lonely ARROW SDCC comic graded 9.8 so that I can buy it off you for my collection.

Which I now see is being used as a COASTER for a slab :tonofbricks:

Edited by iceman399

The Arrow is not SDCC and not a 9.8 by any means. It was just given away in the FCBD a few weeks ago. Hell, you can have it if you really want it.

The statue is really an action figure, Marvel Select series Thor as seen here:

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Select-Toys-Marvel-Action/dp/B000WA6OEO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1369255020&sr=8-4&keywords=thor+action+figure

I have a noob question. I see a lot of stabbed comics on the wall. Won't they fade if you leave them out or do the cases block out UV?

No, the cases won't block UV... the comics will fade over time when displayed on the wall... how quickly comes down to how much light is in the room. Most of these collections books are displayed in rooms that have no windows or windows that are covered up.

It all comes down to personal preference. Many boardies wouldn't display books. Some will display their less valuable books or rotate the books they display frequently. Others will throw caution to the wind to display and enjoy their books. So, it's all about how you want to enjoy your books.

^^ Dis.

I try to rotate my stuff every month or so, but I've gotten pretty lazy lately. I'm probably going to change them soon, My collection just isn't big enough to really sustain that.