• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

I get mine from Gweedo's Showcase . I like that they use real hardwood in the frames (and you can get them with UV protection if you so wish). I have a house that's over 100 years old so I like that they match the decor. Frame it again Sam also sells CGC frames.

Hey thunsnicker, are your CGC comics in mylar bags and then the frame?

Finally got my comic room mostly sorted out. Sorry for the crapy quality.

IMG_1807_zps28257c5a.jpg

I see a George Rodrigue Blue Dog!

Good eye! I went to his Studio in Carmel last fall.

I loved Blue Dogs before then, and really wanted to get something, and that was the only print in my price range, and luckily it turned out to be my second favorite.

I love that Blue Dog.

I have been to the studio in New Orleans. I want one really badly! I really like them.

They are awesome. I was sticker shocked when I looked at the prices though. There was one print under $1000, and really its just a fancy poster.

I know! I still really want one to hang above the stuffed armadillo I also want to get.

Hey everyone - I've been lurking for many years here, but this is my very first postI

I really love this thread so I thought that it was time to post mine before it's all gone.

We are moving from our apartment in NYC to a new place in San Fran soon, so I wanted to show everyone my comic room - or maybe it's more of a comic/geek/gamer apartment. :D

I hope that you enjoy the mix of art, comics, games and all around nerdiness.

Here is the left corner of the living room with my Turtles 1 9.6, Hulk 181 9.4, X-Men 94 9.4 and my stack of slabs. I have a run of X-Men from 94-544 with 94 to 140 on the shelf. The painting is by Mark Bodnar who does some great stuff. This one is a joystick and a button arguing about something or other - apparently involving a shotgun.

ka43ZXH.jpg

These are some of my favorite books that I have sitting in that bookshelf.

tJUL5lD.jpg

The slabs.

VFz91Y4.jpg

This is the center of the living room with the TV, video game consoles and my tube amps.

He5karL.jpg

Here is the right side of the living room with my "NapoleanTrooper" oil painting above the fireplace. For reference it's about 5' by 4'.

sT0YMtI.jpg

Above the stairs I have my three CGC babies. AF 15 7.0, Hulk 1 7.0 and TOS 39 7.0. All from Gator - thanks! I had the custom frames done at a local frame store with UV glass.

xbut3N2.jpg

Here is an image from the couch in the living room looking back:

KW7RAGi.jpg

Leah and I have a thing for Domos. Here they are demanding food.

m7zR0Ur.jpg

In my bedroom I have a few pieces. This painting is a mashup of an old Apollo photograph with Kirk, Spock and Scotty. It's about 7 feet tall and sits to the left of the bed.

8nqJREJ.jpg

Above the bed is a repro of an old Eric Stanton cartoon with new dialogue:

W5XIcO8.jpg

On the book shelves I have some vintage game consoles as well as some Michael Lau figures, plus the first and only Nintendo GBA game I directed:

wXQy3VN.jpg

Downstairs is my home office / workshop / WoW area. On the far left you can see the original Star Wars advance mylar with the old logo. The strange brown thing on the stairs is our bulldog.

bnzO4m8.jpg

Here is a detail of the Daft Punk painting.

4XuzljL.jpg

This is a detail of our insane bulldog aka "Elwynn" - bonus points if you get the origin of name :)

HotlaGk.jpg

I collect video game systems as well. This is a photo of me standing with my collection in the entrance to my old office. There are close to 140 systems in the collection. They are all complete (other than the most modern ones which are probably plugged in somewhere).

lvvST3R.jpg

I have one of the Nintendo World Championship gold carts. Someday I'll get it framed. :)

MAxN0hH.jpg

A couple of photos from my parent's house.

I went back and re-bagged a ton of books last christmas and replaced a bunch of decrepit boxes.

k5ufhHa.jpg

This is my closet at the patent's house. About eight long-boxes and tons of pretty much worthless mid-90s Star Wars figures.

qZsWJM4.jpg

I was nostalgic one night and rummaged through the boxes pulling a smathering of my favorite books from them. I bet you can tell how old I am by the books:

GEcGA89.jpg

And here is a picture that my parents have hanging of me from when I was in fourth grade. Many fond memories of reading and collecting.

m2k71xF.jpg

Thanks - hope you enjoy :)

-- James and Leah

epjDPGI.png

sig.jpg

Is that an Emmy award I see on the bookshelf?

Your mix of nerdy/talent/money belong on the West coast.

Yup - an Emmy, Clio and a Cannes Lion. In a previous life I was in advertising. :)

[font:Book Antiqua]Congratulations...

What TV Show and category its the Emmy you won..?

[/font]

:applause:

Yup - an Emmy, Clio and a Cannes Lion. In a previous life I was in advertising. :)

[font:Book Antiqua]Congratulations...

What TV Show and category its the Emmy you won..?

[/font]

:applause:

It was for the reboot of The Electric Company. My company worked with Sesame Street, Dave Eggers and Common concepting the show. I was leading the digital side. Pretty great experience working with such insanely talented people.

WTTB! What a cool wife. She let you geek out not just one room, but the whole apartment! Very cool.

Well said. Stunning too.

WTTB's mate - think we need a new thread: "Got a comic/pop-culture apartment or house??? Showcase it here!".

Beautiful collection. :cloud9:

Super cool apartment. Do you collect boxed games as well as systems? I love the boxed Vectrex, I have been wanting to own one for awhile. The mashup paintings are great as well.

The gold NES champ cart is over the top though. Wow.

Super cool apartment. Do you collect boxed games as well as systems? I love the boxed Vectrex, I have been wanting to own one for awhile. The mashup paintings are great as well.

The gold NES champ cart is over the top though. Wow.

Thanks everyone!

I started the game console collecting about 2002 - I wish that I collected the original NES boxed games when they were affordable but I focussed on original boxed systems. I intentionally avoided handhelds because the Nintendo Game and Watch set has always been wildly expensive to even come close to completing. I do have pretty large sets of games for the NeoGeo, Sega Master System and a few of the more obscure things like the Arcadia - mostly from lots that I picked up off eBay a long time ago. Individual game collecting just seemed like a much more slippery slope than doing the consoles.

I'd love to collect the original 30 NES black boxes, but for some reason they just sit in the same mental space as the first 12-back (unpunched) SW figures for me. I'd love to have them but just not enough. And since everyone has now put the NES games through VGA the prices have gone pretty much insane.