• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name your top five Golden Age titles???

51 posts in this topic

My top five (the ones I most want to collect)...

Blue Bolt Weird Tales

Terrors of the Jungle

Weird Mysteries

Mister Mystery

Weird Tales of the Future

Those last three are the three most in demand pre-code horror titles, without too much argument.

I'd opt for:-

Marvel Mystery Comics

Action Comics

Catman (as hard a run as any to complete)

Superman

Planet Comics

Blue Bolt is no slouch of a title either! tongue.gif Catman and Planet just barely missed my top five.

Should have said "the ones I personally collect". "The ones I most want to collect" makes it sound like I don't have any already, which I do...

colegroup-2.jpg

Great books Andy. I'd never knock Blue Bolt/Ghostly Weird...classic books with the most luridly colored covers of the era. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Blue Bolt is no slouch of a title either! tongue.gif Catman and Planet just barely missed my top five.

Should have said "the ones I personally collect". "The ones I most want to collect" makes it sound like I don't have any already, which I do...

colegroup-2.jpg

That's an amazing Cole-ection! 893applaud-thumb.gif

he cole-cocked that group shot!

this is a collector who has come in out of the cole.

his books should be put on display in a coleiseum.

i tire of this coleiquy with theagenes.

1)Detective (27-53)

2)Batman (1-103)

3)Whiz (1-25)

4)More Fun Comics (52-67)

5) Marvel Comics/Marvel Mystery Comics (1-92)

that is what I currently consider my top 5

rick

top four in alpha order

Action

Adventure

Detective

Marvel Mystery

#5 would be any of More Fun, Superman, Batman, Captain America, etc.

list according to collecting preferences as obviously Action/TEC/Bat/supes wins for historical importance... nonetheless in ever-changing order:

Jungle Comics

Planet Comics

Phantom Lady

Exciting comics

Captain America Comics

still dont own any Cap's, Exciting, nor Planet though... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif its so hard to stay focused in the GA .... smirk.gif

Marvel Mystery Comics (even though I only own 1 book. crazy.gif)

I know what you mean!...I only have two myself. tongue.gif I put MMC in my #5 slot, as I really like it, but it's a title that I consider myself to be pretty much completely priced out of (and this from someone who was going after single-digit Supermans last year). I haven't totally given up on a couple of my favorite MMCs, but from a collecting standpoint I'm actually happier going after the other titles on my list. Just a real consistently tough title on a budget.