• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Outstanding stuff BZ! While the GA books are amazing, I would love to see more of your pulp collection - how about nice group shots of the REH Solomon Kane and Conan issues?

BTW, were all of the pulps and related material from the same original owner collection? I am curious to see how many OO pulp collections survived in high grade. I remember that there was a nice run of Weird Tales up on eBay in 1998 or 1999 that were from the personal collection of an editor (or someone affiliated with the pulp/Arkham House). Most of the pulps looked like they had never been handled and if I recall correctly there were multiples of many of them. Other than that, it has been slim pickings for true high grade material.

That's just amazing. What else have you got down there, BZ? I'm afraid to think of something completely pie-in-the-sky, and then have you put up a picture of six of them. Good grief.

Feh. I've got a 1975 Marvel Mead Products poster on MY wall. grin.gif

How about some Golden Age original artwork? There's a thought. Maybe a Joe Schuster piece.

How about some Golden Age original artwork? There's a thought. Maybe a Joe Schuster piece.

That'll be a cue for him to post the OA to the cover of Action #1. grin.gif

That'll be a cue for him to post the OA to the cover of Action #1. grin.gif

He's probably got that rolled up holding up one of those cabinets. I'm a cynical, jaded, *spoon*, and it takes a LOT to make me go all Keanu.

BZ's basement makes me go "whoa".

Scrooge showed the cover to this pulp in the, "Marvel Comics No. 1..." thread.

UncannyTalesGA.jpg

Thought you might like to see the original painting.

Painting.jpg

hail.gifhail.gif(worship)hail.gif(worship)hail.gif

That is just a beautiful and masterful piece of american pulp art.....Thanks again for sharing. cloud9.gif

Bangzoom,

My wife would never let me hang that on the wall. What's your secret?

Great painting!

There's something about women in tubes that rings my collecting bell. Do you have anymore OA of scantily clad pulp women? Because when all is said and done...scantily clad women on pulp and comic book covers is why we all collect.We may use high fallooting language when talking about the history and merits of comics and pulps...but believe me, it's all about scantily clad women in peril.

Thought you might like to see the original painting.

Painting.jpg

My tongue is still dragging on the floor!

893whatthe.gif

Fantastic! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I was looking at some great Atomic Age comics on these boards and realized I've never shown anything from that time period.

Inspired by Inaflash showing off one his Strange Adventures, I thought I'd do the same.