• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

strangeadventures8a.jpg

The "thinking" gorilla book that got the trend started at DC! 893applaud-thumb.gif

BTW, were all of the pulps and related material from the same original owner collection? I am curious to see how many OO pulp collections survived in high grade.

I have several original owner pulp collections.

Most of the Burroughs books I showed in a group photo last month are from an original owner collection.

That's just amazing. What else have you got down there, BZ? I'm afraid to think of something completely pie-in-the-sky, and then have you put up a picture of six of them. Good grief.

How about some Golden Age original artwork? There's a thought.

I'll be showing off some Golden Age artwork in the future.

How about some Golden Age original artwork? There's a thought. Maybe a Joe Schuster piece.

That'll be a cue for him to post the OA to the cover of Action #1. grin.gif

I'm saving THAT for a special occasion. yeahok.gif

Bangzoom,

My wife would never let me hang that on the wall. What's your secret?

Great painting!

The secret is that my wife likes them.

I don't think she'll be inviting me to hang them in the living room anytime soon, but she does think they're pretty cool for the rec room where the rest of the collection is on display.

That a great pic from the World's Fair. I love the chalk-ware stuff too. Do you have chalk army men from the early forties?

I have a chalkware cookie jar soldier from WWII. He's pretty neat.

I'll try to take a picture of him tonight.

There's something about women in tubes that rings my collecting bell.

Here's a photo from the 1939 San Francisco World's Fair that you might enjoy.

worldsfair.jpg

Nice photo. I love anything related to the 1939 NY World's Fair. Off the topic, but if you like the 1930's - 1940's time period, I highly recommend the "The Amazing Adventures Of Kavalier and Clay", a fictional novel set in the 1930's and 40's with an emphasis on comic books, the NY World's Fair and WWII. A great book.

Ken

Off the topic, but if you like the 1930's - 1940's time period, I highly recommend the "The Amazing Adventures Of Kavalier and Clay", a fictional novel set in the 1930's and 40's with an emphasis on comic books, the NY World's Fair and WWII. A great book.

I keep hearing great things about that book. I'll try to make a point of reading it this summer.

I just completed "Charles Addams: A Cartoonist's Life" by Linda H. Davis. I thought it was great and would recommend it to all Addams fans. He lead a fascinating life.

strangeadventures19a.jpg

BZ, You are really a sci-fi junkie at heart -

I was always fascinated with sci-fi imagery.

When I was a little kid, my father had a subscription to the magazine, Galaxy Science Fiction.

I loved the cover illustrations (many were by Wally Wood). I'd lay them all out on the floor and study them. eek.gif

The Christmas covers were my favorites.

Hi all - looking for some help and saw that there was some conversation on pulps on this board. I've got these pulps from my dad and have no idea how to research what they are worth, etc. as there doesn't seem to be any formal guide for pulps (ie Overstreet). Is there a resource for researching these books? Any help is appreciated - thx.

DSC00522.jpg