• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

:o

Scrooge, that is the coolest story you've dug up since those Mighty Mouse scans! (worship)(worship)

What issue is it from?

Wow. Those MM pages date from a while back. Glad I can still surprise you. :)

BZ is correct. This is tucked behind a cool 40-page long Captain Battle story in Captain Battle # 2. One day, we'll have to look at that Cpt Battle but the Don Rico story is simply amazing.

Awesome. Check out your copy of # 5 for this splash from June 1940 -

Scrooge, thanks for unearthing those cool splash pages.

I don't remember ever reading a Silver Streak. I may have to break down and do that.

What's this about Mighty Mouse scans? Do you happen to recall which thread they're on?

Awesome. Check out your copy of # 5 for this splash from June 1940 -

Scrooge, thanks for unearthing those cool splash pages.

I don't remember ever reading a Silver Streak. I may have to break down and do that.

:gossip: Here are some of my notes for future scan posting. If you have these books, go check out the following:

SS # 2 - Great art on the Lance Hall story and Solar Patrol is by Joe Simon

SS # 7 - Jack Cole on Dickie Dean - Boy Inventor and the Claw vs. DD story is particularly wacked out as is the Silver Streak story

SS # 11 - It has a Guardineer story :banana:

What's this about Mighty Mouse scans? Do you happen to recall which thread they're on?

I think I can find them again. We were struck by the quality of the story splash pages in those Timely Mighty Mouse stories in Terry-Toons Comics. Once the property moved to St John, the quality took a noted nose-dive.

44170-TerryToons42Splashs.jpg.59649a3bf10241fc9381f770237d7a93.jpg

44171-TerryToons47Splashs.jpg.7fd7ce3cfce88ba38bf3780c09ee7848.jpg

44172-TerryToons55Splashs.jpg.dd0d48d5d7c2507c6a5f9869a44c8b05.jpg

44173-TerryToons57Story1s.jpg.3bca84b3eb1712e433f57b8f64267d1f.jpg

44174-TerryToons57Story1Pages.jpg.61abb6a97067560a833f7e679037f879.jpg

Thanks for showing the splashes again, but there were some regular panel pages as well where I was very impressed with the story telling ability of the artist(s).

:gossip: Here are some of my notes for future scan posting. If you have these books, go check out the following:

SS # 2 - Great art on the Lance Hall story and Solar Patrol is by Joe Simon

SS # 7 - Jack Cole on Dickie Dean - Boy Inventor and the Claw vs. DD story is particularly wacked out as is the Silver Streak story

SS # 11 - It has a Guardineer story :banana:

It looks like you've got some great stories planned.

Here's a couple more suggestions for you to consider: "The Ivy Menace" by Tarpe Mills from AMF V2 # 6 and "Dickie Dare Fights the Gadget Octopus" from Silver Streak # 11.

The Chuck Hardy and Mighty Man stories from the AMF are also possibly scan worthy. They're certainly strange enough.

Edited by Bangzoom

It looks like you've got some great stories planned.

Here's a couple more suggestions for you to consider: "The Ivy Menace" by Tarpe Mills from AMF V2 # 6 and "Dickie Dare Fights the Gadget Octopus" from Silver Surfer # 11.

The truth comes out. BZ is a closet Silver Age fan!!!

:D

And I'd enjoy seeing more Tarpe Mills and Lilly Renée [sp?] stories too.

Jack