• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

What is that light blue rectangle supposed to be? A window? The proverbial Light at the End of the Tunnel? A last-minute edit to cover something else up? Early Vinnie Colletta backgrounds?

lol

My money's on it being a Kooba ad which failed to print for whatever reason (maybe the little box with type simply dropped off the original art and no one noticed).

What is that light blue rectangle supposed to be? A window? The proverbial Light at the End of the Tunnel? A last-minute edit to cover something else up?

I dunno. (shrug)

Another curiosity is that the line underneath the 10¢ price, just barely legible, is a 15¢ printed price.

Maybe they originally intended to include a Canadian price notice and then decided against it?

Hey Bangzoom,

Do you have any advertising materials which are comic related, such as this Tarzan Cups ad??? :popcorn:

I just bought a set of three different from Bob Cook at the Baltimore Comic-Con. Got the one you pictured, another that is slightly smaller, and a third that is perpendicular (6 inches tall and a foot and a half wide). All were framed and all of them are beautiful. I will try and post photos later.

:o:applause:

Cool. Hey Richard, if you wouldn't mind, I would like a high-resolution scan of the Tarzan Cups ad. I'd like to have a poster sized print made........please. :wishluck:

:hi:

That might be hard because they are framed. I will get you the best photos that I can though.

tarzancup3.jpg

Great advertising items, Richard.

...and nicely framed. :applause:

Tarzan is one of my favorite fictional characters. I read all the ERB books when I was a kid and always thought that assembling a Tarzan or Burroughs focused collection would be fun.

Your posters reinforce that idea. hm

A battle for control of the Superman franchise pits Time Warner against the original Lois Lane.

Time-Warner-Superman-Suit

It's so sad the way corporations cheat the creators and in this case, their families. Did I read it correctly? Does Seigal's widow recieves a pension of only 135,000 dollars a year, if so, that's chump change, especially for the lady Lois Lane was modelled after.