• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

50230-phantomoffair.jpg

Beautiful page, Jon. :applause:

Is it a recreation of a GA page or an actual page from that era?

Either way, it's a real prize.

Not quite sure. It started with jerry defuccio and made it thru vairous collectors...said to be an unused ad page.....I am have looked thru my books and have not found it...

whatever....gustavson art is extremely rare and this is just a wonderful rendering....and i am a centaur nut to boot......jb

Happy New Year to everyone! and a Healthy one...and thank YOU, Bang Zoom, for providing this thread...it's the one that made me start reading these boards, and opened my eyes to all the new information and all kinds of nice new people (and kept me from ever having the time to clean my house again...;) , but I am having lots of fun...(and finding all kinds of wonderful new books to look for:) :acclaim:

Happy New Year to everyone! and a Healthy one...and thank YOU, Bang Zoom, for providing this thread...it's the one that made me start reading these boards, and opened my eyes to all the new information and all kinds of nice new people (and kept me from ever having the time to clean my house again...;) , but I am having lots of fun...(and finding all kinds of wonderful new books to look for:) :acclaim:

What is this obsession women have with keeping their house clean? I don't get it....all I know is when that vacuum cleaner comes out of the closet, I make tracks to my shop.

Thank YOU, Sharon. :foryou:

You must have one of the fastest growing GA collection on the boards. :gossip::applause:

What do you have planned for this year? :popcorn:

000_0176.jpg

Picked this up today from Ted at Superworld...strange book inside, only 8 pages, 1/2 color and 1/2 B&W.

But Walt Kelly looks good in any medium :banana:

Congrats, Steve. :applause:

Are the stories original material or reprints?

That tree looks like one of the trees from this Mary Jane and Sniffles story.

LTpg1.jpg

LTpg2.jpg

Looney Tunes 39

Are the stories original material or reprints?

Just one story, and according to the Guide it also appeared in Santa Claus Funnies (don't know which issue).

Yeah, the tree does look similar - in mine the tree is a boy and yours looks like a girl :)

An interesting story as after the holiday the tree gets unceremoniously dumped into the cellar and is later chopped up for firewood :o

Thank YOU, Sharon. :foryou:

You must have one of the fastest growing GA collection on the boards. :gossip::applause:

What do you have planned for this year? :popcorn:

Actually, I had slowed down the last couple of years...I was bored...you got me started again...I have no idea, I just wait and see what my friend comes up with...and I'm thinking I'd better start working at selling some of my Silver Age books, so I can continue to afford the GA..;) Supersnipe is what I'd like to get next...but we will see:)

:gossip: I'll let you know:)

I was laughing, thinking about the Black Hand trecking in mud while talking about women wanting to clean....

Life got you down?

Do you wish you had a second chance to be a winner?

Well, you're in luck.

POP QUIZ #1 (2008 Edition) is moments from launching.

But first, let's honor last year's winners.

Quiz # 1 : Scrooge

Quiz # 2 : kimik

Quiz # 3 : mrwoogieman

Quiz # 4 : Billy Parker

Quiz # 5 : Theagenes

Quiz # 6 : Scrooge

Quiz # 7 : selegue

Quiz # 8 : selegue

Quiz # 9 : Point Five

Quiz #10: Moondog

Quiz #11: Scrooge

Quiz #12: Scrooge