• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ,

Was that the Supersnipe origin from Shadow comics? Do you have the Hitler covers with Supersnipe?

The origin pages I posted are from Supersnipe #6.

Yep, I have both of the issues that featured Hitler on the cover. :acclaim:

Here's one of them. (thumbs u

supersnipe9.jpg

Supersnipe #9 (June 1943)

BZ,

Was that the Supersnipe origin from Shadow comics? Do you have the Hitler covers with Supersnipe?

The origin pages I posted are from Supersnipe #6.

Yep, I have both of the issues that featured Hitler on the cover. :acclaim:

Here's one of them. (thumbs u

supersnipe9.jpg

Supersnipe #9 (June 1943)

I saw that cover in All in Color for a Dime or the Comic Book Book and wanted a copy for my collection. Since then, I have bought a hand full of Supersnipes but didn't get the early issues that I wanted. Oh well, may next year. Your copy looks pretty good. I like the cross over in SS 9 and the origin story. Do you have the first appearance?

bb

bb

I like the cross over in SS 9 and the origin story. Do you have the first appearance?

In Shadow Comics?

I do, but I misplaced it at some point.

This past year there's been a few times that I've specifically gone searching through stacks of boxes looking for it, but I haven't found it. :frustrated:

It's probably sitting on a shelf between a couple of pulps or something. :pullhair:

Those Bugs covers are all classics. Very much in the vien of Gottfriedson's Mickey or Barks' Donald Duck adventures.

Those covers look terrific BZ. I have a few animated covers. The Mickey Mouse issue was sliced up to see how it worked. My original Donald Duck FC 291 was also sliced up (by me). I have a new higher grade FC 291 but I still have the urge. This is how the Bugs Bunny cover would look.

bb

2843860746_97a0a9c585.jpg2843023929_228a19451d.jpg

Just say "shwoosh" as you glance at one and then the other. Or make a gif for fun.

When I was a kid, we had lots of Bugs Bunny and Donald Duck comics. But no Blue Beetle comics. I wonder why. I am sure my brother thought of mayhem when I sliced up the cover to the Magic Hour Glass story.

bb

2843969676_f61cfaa75f_b.jpg

2843132689_124e3ef747_b.jpg

2694085152_8f730635e7_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

That reminds me of a cartoon that I saw recently. I think it was by the guys that made Wall-E. "Presto" was the name of the cartoon and it involed a magician, a rabbit and a magic hat. I enjoyed the short cartoon almost as much as the longer one. I hope everyone saw it. Whatever happened to that guy Lasseter? His early work showed so much promise. hm

bb

2843168109_972ace1626_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun