• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ

I am a hard core Warner fan so put nearly 100% of my effort to complete the run on Warner shots. It wasn't easy finding all those horrible Buddy and Bosko's from the 1930s and the Merlin the Magic Mouse shorts from the late 1960s. I then ventured in collecting original cels drawings and backgrounds from the Warner shorts and had an impressive collection back in the day.

Unfortunately I only managed to get a few non-Warner shorts (Columbia, MGM, Fleischer) along the way.

S

2568025986_02acfa3902_b.jpg

Green Turtle super-hero!! :olol:applause:

I sure hope goldenagecomics.co.uk has those stories scanned.

I don't think they have the Feb issue scanned yet. I have had that particular issue for 10 years and it is in pretty nice condition except for the printing flaws.

GA.uk does have two issues of Blazing with a couple of nice Green T stories. I like this splash.

bb

3143174898_d858d24e4f_o.jpg

I like this splash.

(worship) That's a dynamite splash!!

"The venomous octopus that is Japan slithers over China bent on ruthless conquest! In answer to the call of the oppressed Chinese a modern Robin Hood comes through an emerald ether to challenge the war lords!"

Is the story as good as that first page?

I like this splash.

(worship) That's a dynamite splash!!

"The venomous octopus that is Japan slithers over China bent on ruthless conquest! In answer to the call of the oppressed Chinese a modern Robin Hood comes through an emerald ether to challenge the war lords!"

Is the story as good as that first page?

I don't think the story is better than the splash. I enjoy the way the dark turtle figure creeps into random panels. The plot is basic war stuff. Green T had some nice covers and splash panels but he was inconsistent like Blue Beetle. Perhaps Kiefer drew some of the covers which didn't turn out as well as others.

bb

And Mooney's Mummy used a syringe!

3143576873_fbc6dd356f_o.jpg

These hypo stories are not noted in Overstreet. Wonder why?

Robert Overstreet didn't have a copy to puff?

GREAT page! Radium-protective coating! What issue is it from? At the GA comics scan site?

Thanks,

Jack

3146368822_e89884f57a_o.jpg

These hypo stories are not noted in Overstreet. Wonder why?

Robert Overstreet didn't have a copy to puff?

GREAT page! Radium-protective coating! What issue is it from? At the GA comics scan site?

Thanks,

Jack

The hypo stories were from Lightning v2#1 which was recently added to GA.uk

I think the villian was pretty good but I am not sure that he was a great dancer.

The story has a lot of golden age humor (because the villians are so melodramatic) but the pages are mixed up.

The hypo stories were from Lightning v2#1 which was recently added to GA.uk

I think the villian was pretty good but I am not sure that he was a great dancer.

The story has a lot of golden age humor (because the villians are so melodramatic) but the pages are mixed up.

Thanks! I'll check it out there.

Jack

I found a couple of Superman giveaways for sale on ebay.

I don't see these often but I was offered one that was brittle for a good price.

I turned down the offer because I would rather have shabby with good paper quality.

I hate watching the comics turn to dust.

bb

PS I didn't buy these but you still have an hour to bid.

3145536085_006fb066a1_o.jpg

3146368364_9cc2cace78_o.jpg