• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

The jeep is one of the most perfect creations ever.

Is he more perfect than a Shmoo? :baiting:

shmoo1ga.jpg

From Wikipedia:

They reproduce asexually and are very prolific. They require no sustenance other than air.

Naturally gentle, they require minimal care, and are ideal playmates for young children.

Shmoos are delicious to eat, and are eager to be eaten. If a human looks at one hungrily, it will happily immolate itself, either by jumping into a frying pan, after which they taste like chicken, or into a broiling pan, after which they taste like steak. When roasted they taste like pork, and when baked they taste like catfish. (Raw, they taste like oysters on the half-shell.)

They also produce eggs (neatly packaged), milk (bottled grade-A), and butter — no churning required. Their pelts make perfect bootleather or house timber, depending on how thick you slice it.

They have no bones, so there's absolutely no waste. Their eyes make the best suspender buttons, and their whiskers make perfect toothpicks. In short, they are simply the perfect ideal of a subsistence agricultural herd animal.

The frolicking of shmoon is so entertaining (such as their staged "shmoosical comedies") that people no longer feel the need to watch television or go to the movies.

Shmoo Link

well, after much deliberation, Shmoos win considering their enourmously beneficial properties, but I still like Jeep better. :)

sagendorf.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Do you own that drawing?

Why yes I do BZ. It is hanging in my comic room just above the Capt Kirk chair

Since Bill refers to the toilet as his "captain's seat", I guess this is hanging in the bathroom (shrug)

The jeep is one of the most perfect creations ever.

Is he more perfect than a Shmoo? :baiting:

shmoo1ga.jpg

From Wikipedia:

They reproduce asexually and are very prolific. They require no sustenance other than air.

Naturally gentle, they require minimal care, and are ideal playmates for young children.

Shmoos are delicious to eat, and are eager to be eaten. If a human looks at one hungrily, it will happily immolate itself, either by jumping into a frying pan, after which they taste like chicken, or into a broiling pan, after which they taste like steak. When roasted they taste like pork, and when baked they taste like catfish. (Raw, they taste like oysters on the half-shell.)

They also produce eggs (neatly packaged), milk (bottled grade-A), and butter — no churning required. Their pelts make perfect bootleather or house timber, depending on how thick you slice it.

They have no bones, so there's absolutely no waste. Their eyes make the best suspender buttons, and their whiskers make perfect toothpicks. In short, they are simply the perfect ideal of a subsistence agricultural herd animal.

The frolicking of shmoon is so entertaining (such as their staged "shmoosical comedies") that people no longer feel the need to watch television or go to the movies.

Shmoo Link

well, after much deliberation, Shmoos win considering their enourmously beneficial properties, but I still like Jeep better. :)

Shmoo - Jeep cage match.

Winner takes on Hello Kitty.

Jack

or maybe The Shmoo-Smurf War!

sagendorf.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Do you own that drawing?

Why yes I do BZ. It is hanging in my comic room just above the Capt Kirk chair

Since Bill refers to the toilet as his "captain's seat", I guess this is hanging in the bathroom (shrug)

Actually the toilet is the throne, but you were in the right ballpark

Here is the, non-toilet, Kirk chair

P1010001-3.jpg

I've moved it away from the window into another corner of the comic room, and the Popeye hangs just above it.

That Jeep might not be an original Sagendorf drawing, but this one is.

sagendorf.jpg

Another weird thing about the Jeep drawing is that the signature at the bottom appears to have a misspelling

(worship) Fantastic piece! Every once and a while I pull out my Sagendorf original art just drool.. I'm careful to avoid the art, though. :insane:

P1010001-3.jpg

(worship) Impressive chair!!

Are the buttons for decorative purposes only or do they control some special features?

And do you have one that moves to get around in? One beep for 'yes' two for 'no'.

popeye4c127.jpg

4 Color #147 (December 1946)

ALL FANTASTIC!

Overdue to visit the Four Color thread?

Do you have series 1 #25 to confirm that the first Jeep page is reprinted there?

Jack

I think you have Barks on your mind. Should be 127. I have the Popeye with the space ship and FC 113 and a GK giant size, and the Jeep issue but nothing else other than some odds and ends.

Edited by BB-Gun

popeye4c127.jpg

4 Color #147 (December 1946)

ALL FANTASTIC!

Overdue to visit the Four Color thread?

Do you have series 1 #25 to confirm that the first Jeep page is reprinted there?

Jack

I think you have Barks on your mind. Should be 127. I have the Popeye with the space ship and FC 113 and a GK giant size, and the Jeep issue but nothing else other than some odds and ends.

Eh?

I thought that the first Jeep page that you were asking about was probably narrowed down to this book.

*No title given or indexed*

(Sequence 1 - Story , 67 pages )

Feature Story: Thimble Theatre

Credits:

Elsie Segar (-script), Elsie Segar (signed) (Pencils), Elsie Segar (Inks), ? (Colors), ? (Letters).

Character appearances:

Popeye; Olive Oyl; Wimpy; The Jeep; Sea Hag; Swee Pea; The Goon; Poopdeck Pappy

Reprinted: From Thimble Theatre newspaper strips (King Features Syndicate) 1935 - 1937.

Genre: Humor/Adventure

Indexer notes:

entire book comprised of 1 page reprints of Thimble Theatre from 1935-1937. Starts on inside front cover (black/red) and ends on back cover. Brutus on cover only--not in book. First appearance of "the Jeep" reprinted?

JPS

86355.jpg.7fb2b80582e3e2c85cd1cccfd387c6ed.jpg

P1010001-3.jpg

(worship) Impressive chair!!

Are the buttons for decorative purposes only or do they control some special features?

Thanks BZ!

Most of the buttons serve a purpose. The switches on the left hand side, as you are seated, are merely toggle switches, but they function.

The white buttons on the right hand side, as you are seated, is where the fun really happens. They control the lights, sounds and verbal effects of the chair. Just about every sound effect of consequence is included. (photon torpedoes, phasers, hailing frequency, bridge background noise, klaxon bell, etc). The commands are what you would expect and are in Kirk's voice.

Lots of fun

:)