• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Wow, I'm loving these images BZ. Thanks so much for taking the time to shoot/scan these!! :applause: That Jan '36 cover is one of my favs.

I'll be pouring over these for the next few weeks ... they'll have to be my fix, as high grade SAX's are tough to come by. Even low grade copies don't seem to turn up very much.

Fantastic pulps. (worship)

This Avon digest is the original appearance of the cover used on Police Lineup #3, and cost about a 10th of the price

3954217825_6535ecbd4e_o.jpg

It's funny you posted this, I was just looking at some issues from that series this weekend...

mmm.jpg

lovely stuff BZ! Those are great!

Agreed. Can't have too much SAX!

I've had a request from RyanH that I post some covers to one of his current collecting interests, pulp hero Secret Agent X.

So without further ado...

secretagentx193402.jpg

February 1934

(V1#1)

Ah, the elusive #1 issue (and in incredible shape)!! Skulls seem to be a favorite cover subject on the SAX covers.

I only have four SAX's so far, but two of them have skull covers. This is my favorite out of those two... I dig the giant headed skull guy:

Xfc.jpg

Never seen this one . How many issues of Secret 6 were there? 4 or 5?

There were four issues published (October 1934-January 1935).

I found a small photo of the first issue's cover online. It looks very intriguing.

secretsix193410.jpg

A reprint edition of the series, THE SECRET 6: THE COMPLETE ADVENTURES is available from Amazon: Link