• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

The original Moon Pool stories were published in 1918 and 1919.

allstory191902.jpg

All-Story Weekly February 15, 1919

A wonderful riff on the original post! It's a treat to see the original, originals. :applause:

horrorstories194003.jpg

That's some chastity belt, BZ!

Gary, have you heard any juicy gossip Moon Maidens in your neck of the woods? :baiting:

horror194010.jpg

October 1940

What are gondoliers doing in a crypt of horror? Dig the hat and the little kerchief...

The original Moon Pool stories were published in 1918 and 1919.

allstory191902.jpg

All-Story Weekly February 15, 1919

I keep saying this is the greatest thread in the history of the Internet - and you keep proving me right, BZ!

As Adam just pointed out - that's cool!

allstory191902.jpg

I keep saying this is the greatest thread in the history of the Internet - and you keep proving me right, BZ!

As Adam just pointed out - that's cool!

Thanks, Gary. :blush:

I'm happy there are some other collectors who like some of the same stuff I do. (thumbs u

Thanks as always BZ for posting Siegel's fan letters. (thumbs u

Thanks, Scrooge.

A few weeks ago, in another thread, you mentioned you were interested in picking up some pulps from Adventure House. Did you end up buying anything from them?

Thanks as always BZ for posting Siegel's fan letters. (thumbs u

Thanks, Scrooge.

A few weeks ago, in another thread, you mentioned you were interested in picking up some pulps from Adventure House. Did you end up buying anything from them?

I picked up a few things but nothing of note unlike Theagenes. Among others, I picked up a complete 6-part serials by Mundy that ran in Argosy in 1930 / 1931: The Elephant Sahib and Richardson's bound volume of Goodman's Marvel Tales and Marvel Science but didn't get his volume 1 with the Marvel Science Stories issues :mad:

I've been reading Dec. 1938 issue of Adventure from the lot these past few days.

95085.jpg.831e1650444537a4b7a8b77a3514953f.jpg

Cool Adventure! :applause:

Those are beautiful All-Storys, BZ! Here is the one book i managed to pick up that Scrooge mentioned. I had a huge wantlist, but everything except this one was taken already.

AllStoryCavalierWeekly1914-05-16fc.jpg

I picked up a few things but nothing of note unlike Theagenes. Among others, I picked up a complete 6-part serials by Mundy that ran in Argosy in 1930 / 1931: The Elephant Sahib and Richardson's bound volume of Goodman's Marvel Tales and Marvel Science

I've been reading Dec. 1938 issue of Adventure from the lot these past few days.

When you complete reading them, please let us know if you enjoyed the stories.

I like the covers on the Argosy pulps from that time period.

argosy1.jpg

argosy2.jpg

Argosy (December 6, 1930 - January 10, 1931)

I figured you'd have them since your Argosy file seems pretty deep.

As for reading ... well, it all depends on the baby and my willingness to surrender sleep :cry:

My first read is probably going to be Gardner's The Man with Pin Point Eyes ... I'll probably wait for "He's my meat!" :insane:

Since your showing pulps, you by chance wouldn't happen to have any Weird Tales from 1923 to show :wishluck:

March (no1), May or Nov.? I never seen those books.

I know that BangZoom posted Weird Tales #1 (March 1923) before (thumbs u