• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

[font:Arial Black]Just had my Shadow pulp Interior original art page framed with the issue of the pulp that it originated from. The page is one of the earliest known...and is one of only 4 known interior Shadow pages by Lovell in existence (with the Shadow image in it).

Shadowed Millions - January 1, 1933 - Artist - Tom Lovell[/font]

DSC_0938.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Dwight[/font]

Recent pick-up with a Norm Saunders cover

conanconqpaperback01.jpg

Congratulations, Jeff. :applause:

For many years I had a copy of that book sitting front and center on a bookcase downstairs. Now that I want to look at it again, I can't find it. :pullhair:

Norman Saunders covers.

eeriemysteries.jpg

August 1938; November 1938; April/May 1939

Beautiful trio! :cloud9:

[font:Arial Black]Some of the Rare Shadow items I recently added to my collection!![/font]

[font:Arial Black]

[font:Arial Black]1933 Shadow Blue Coal - 9 ft Canvas Advertising Banner - (Only known example in existence)[/font][/font]

Blue20Coal20Banner1.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Rare 1933 Shadow Blue Coal - Cardboard Trolley Sign (green) - 18" x 34" (Only known to example in existence!) [/font]

ShadowTrolley1934ShadowontheAir1934.jpg

ShadowTrolley1934.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Rare 1932 Shadow Blue Coal - Cardboard Trolley Sign - 18" x 34" (One of Two known examples to exist!) (light grey & burgandy)[/font]

Trolley1933.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Rare 1938 - Shadow/Blue Coal trolley sign - (double sided) - 6" x 28"[/font]

Bluecoallefta.jpg

[font:Arial Black]1930's Shadow Cape - Blue Coal Salesman - promotional item to top salespeople - mint condition (one of three known to exist!)[/font]

bluecoalsalesmansampleshadowcape-1.jpg

BluecoalsalesmansamplecapeBack-1.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Dwight[/font]

More amazingly rare pieces Dwight... love those trolley car signs. WOW! Can you imagine being a kid on the trolley, reading your fresh copy of Detective Comics #1, and seeing one of those signs? :ohnoez:

Just finished reading it. Well worth the time. (thumbs u

@ BB - Did you post that link already? I see you've posted a comment on the blog.

Scrooge,

I posted the blog link in the Blue Beetle thread. By the way, while I was waiting for postage, the package with the Straight Arrow cards was shifted to the bottom of one of the piles. I will keep looking and send it to you as soon as I find it. I was forced to move out of my home recently and don't have room anymore for all of the clutter that I have accumulated. Things get lost in the archives.

bb