• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I had a dream last night that Bang Zoom sent me a box of comics. Really. My wife (in the dream) thought it was "cute."

When I told her this morning she just thought it was weird.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

The first time I saw photos of BZ's collection I had a similar dream that night. It has happened more than once since :wishluck:

why would gary's wife be in your dream hm

likely for the same reason bridg is in so many of mine.

(worship)

You guys crack me up.

:foryou:

I had a dream last night that Bang Zoom sent me a box of comics. Really. My wife (in the dream) thought it was "cute."

When I told her this morning she just thought it was weird.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

The first time I saw photos of BZ's collection I had a similar dream that night. It has happened more than once since :wishluck:

why would gary's wife be in your dream hm

likely for the same reason bridg is in so many of mine.

(worship)

You guys crack me up.

:foryou:

My original post was quite serious - I actually dreamed that BZ sent me a box of comics. In the dream (very vividly) my wife says in a somewhat dismissing way, that it was "cute". I don't remember anything else about the dream.

In the morning I mention the dream to my wife and she looks at me (like she has hundreds of times in the past) like I'm nuts. I mention to her that in the dream she said it was "cute." She replied that it was "still weird."

lol

It's been a week since a post in this thread. I hope BZ is just on vacation and not ill again...
sorry gary, BZ and I are working out a deal for me to purchase his entire comic collection at pennies on the $ , so he hasn't had time to post... :insane:

It's been a week since a post in this thread. I hope BZ is just on vacation and not ill again...
sorry gary, BZ and I are working out a deal for me to purchase his entire comic collection at pennies on the $ , so he hasn't had time to post... :insane:

about time you switched from your usual dollars on the penny philosophy.

Future Fiction contained the artwork of lots of artists who are best remembered today for their work in comic books.

A quick check of the interior illustrations of the first four issues revealed the work of: Charles Biro, Mort Meskin, Jack Binder, Lin Streeter, Irv Novick, and Frank Paul.

I love the cover painting by JW Scott.

future194007.jpg

Thanks for these JW Scott paintings BZ and adamstrange.

Based on the three covers posted, it should be a snap to identify Scott's work. He uses pretty much the same composition in all three images. Great stuff.

And is it just me or does that look like Buster Crabbe?

101876.jpg.13cf8d0c58f4fa77193b836f3da1de74.jpg

lol

Even at 30,000 feet (on a plane to vegas right now), that's pretty danged funny

:acclaim:

lol

Even at 30,000 feet (on a plane to vegas right now), that's pretty danged funny

a rare day for parker to be "off"

:acclaim:

Picked this up recently cause of the Major's story. Seems like the family should still own DC comics based on the story in Wikipedia.

Didn't know that the girl who played Mattie in Tombstone was related to the family.

4860094835_3562141080_b.jpg

BangZoom - everything OK?

:bump:

Perhaps BangZoom is traveling. I bet he's leisurely vacationing in Europe traveling by train. :cloud9:

Around the world voyage maybe?

A cruise can be a nice relaxing vacation but even that can get complicated.

4901899805_8a941096dd_z.jpg4902484406_9d59a94889_z.jpg

Picked these up recently and needed an excuse to post them. Zip was touched up a lot on the missing corners.

Edited by BB-Gun

Picked these up recently and needed an excuse to post them. Zip was touched up a lot on the missing corners.

you never need an excuse to post books like that ;)

Thanks Honky!

Perhaps BZ flew to San Diego for the Comic and Movie Con.

I have heard that the flight attendants can get a little frisky these days.

4904442930_2bf54d6884_z.jpg

And with the Captain America, Thor and Avengers movie excitement, one can get lost in the crowd.

4904454654_85bb619156_b.jpg

We could, however, put out a reward for information or his capture.

4903853223_8393a801e0_z.jpg

you never need an excuse to post books like that ;)

We could, however, put out a reward for information or his capture.

4903853223_8393a801e0_z.jpg

I hope these items help find BZ and he is alive and well.