• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Scrooge and I corresponded with Norman's son, David, several years ago and he generously supplied lots of biographical info about his father.

Link

Dave is a regular at pulp shows and always willing to talk pulps, politics, etc ... Very nice guy. He is also running the website about pulp artists I linked to a week or so ago.

IIRC this 10 Story Detective's cover is by Saunders - Sorry for sullying this thread with such a poor condition pulp :sorry:

110214.jpg.a8542cc49ddb4985c564498508ef670c.jpg

Was posting some Norman Saunders covers in another thread here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4657844&fpart=9

Decided to use the search function to see what had already been posted on him and found nothing! I remember Pat putting up his copy of the Golden Amazon. Wondered if you BZ, or you Pat had any pulps or paperbacks with Saunders covers?

Scrooge and I corresponded with Norman's son, David, several years ago and he generously supplied lots of biographical info about his father.

Link

Thanks - that's fascinating stuff! The transition from highly regarded pulp cover artist to lowly magazine illustrator must have been a painful one for him and his contemporaries.